Caritas Bianchi College of Careers
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||AD Destinatum Prosequor|
|President||Prof Reggie KWAN|
|Vice-president||Mr Manhoe CHAN, Vice-president (Resources and Finance)
Dr Dennis LAW, Vice-president (Academic and Quality Assurance)
Ms Kat LEUNG, Vice-president (Administration) and Secretary
Prof Phillips WANG, Vice-president (Research and Advancement)
|Students||369 (Academic Year of 2014/15)|
|Location||18 Chui Ling Road, Tseung Kwan O, New Territories|
|Affiliations||Caritas Hong Kong|
|Caritas Bianchi College of Careers|
Caritas Bianchi College of Careers (CBCC) (Chinese: 明愛白英奇專業學校) was established in 1971 and has been providing post-secondary education since then. At present, it mainly offers sub-degree programmes in three general disciplines: Business and Hospitality Management, Design and Health Sciences.
Caritas Bianchi College of Careers, (formerly known as Bishop Bianchi College of Careers) was founded in 1971. In its initial operation, the College offered a variety of programmes in Accounting, Design, Tourism and Hotel Business at certificate and diploma levels.
- In 1997, became the first institution in Hong Kong and to be granted the approval from the Business & Technology Education Council (BTEC) to offer the two-year BTEC Higher National Diploma (HND) and its foundation programmes.
- In 2001, offered the recognized dual-award Associate Degree programmes in Business and Hospitality Management as accredited by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (formerly known as the Hong Kong Council for Academic Accreditation). In the same year, the College became the first non-University Grants Committee (UGC) funded institution to be registered as an official BTEC registered centre offering a series of BTEC programmes.
- In 2002, offered the accredited associate degree in Design programme.
- In 2004, offered the one-year top-up Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Programme in collaboration with The Open University of Hong Kong.
- In 2005, offered the one-year top-up Bachelor of Hospitality and Tourism Management Programme in collaboration with The Open University of Hong Kong.
- In 2006, became the first non-UGC funded institution to be granted a piece of land in Tseung Kwan O for the construction of a permanent campus by the HKSAR Government.
- In 2007, offered the one-year top-up bachelor's degree Programmes in the disciplines of Hospitality Management, Fashion Design, Graphic Design and Interior Design in collaboration with the University of Huddersfield.
- In 2008, merged with the Caritas Francis Hsu College administratively to pave the way for the establishment of the future Catholic University in Hong Kong.
- In 2009, the 10-storey new campus in Tseung Kwan O with a floor area of 16,400 sq. m. was in operation.
- In 2010, establish Department of Health Science and planned to offer the Higher Diploma in Pharmaceutical Dispensing Programme.
- In 2012, offered the 2-year Higher Diploma in Pharmaceutical Dispensing Programme.
- Department of Business and Hospitality Management
- Department of Design
- Department of General Education and Language Studies
- Department of Health Sciences
Programmes on offer
2-year associate degree Programme
- Associate Degree in Business
2-year Higher Diploma Programme Programme
- Higher Diploma in Design (Fashion Design)
- Higher Diploma in Design (Graphic Design)
- Higher Diploma in Design (Interior Architecture)
- Higher Diploma in Design (Interactive Media Design)
- Higher Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Higher Diploma in Pharmaceutical Dispensing
2-year BTEC HND Diploma Programme
- BTEC HND Diploma in Fashion & Textiles
- BTEC HND Diploma in Graphic Design
- BTEC HND Diploma in 3D Design
- BTEC HND Diploma in Hospitality Management
1-year Professional Diploma/Diploma Programme
- Professional Diploma in Property Management
- Diploma in Property Management
- Other Teaching Facilities
- 2 Multi-Purpose Learning Rooms
- 5 Tutorial Rooms
- 5 Computer Laboratories
- 1 Drawing/Visual Communication Room
- 4 Design Studios
- 2 Drafting Rooms
- 1 TV and Shooting Studio
- 1 Darkroom/Equipment Room
- 1 Enlarger/Practice Room
- 1 Electronic Manual Knitting Room
- 1 Sewing Room
- 1 Sewing and Knitting Practice Room
- 1 Cutting Room
- 2 Training Kitchens
- 1 Training Restaurant and Bar
- 1 Simulation Front Office
- 1 Housekeeping Demonstration Room
- 4 Nursing Laboratories
- Other Non-Teaching Facilities
- The Library houses an extensive collection of books, journals, reference materials and audiovisual materials. The Library also subscribes to a number of full-text and bibliographic databases.
- The Language Centre offers flexible ways for students to increase their language proficiency. The Centre organizes Language Enhancement Courses/Activities on a regular basis. The Centre contains self-access learning materials in English, Chinese (Putonghua and Cantonese) and Japanese at elementary, intermediate and advanced levels.
- The Information Technology Services Centre develops and provides computing support and applications for both teachers and students, Self-access computer laboratories are available.
- Other facilities include Multi-Purpose Sports Centre, Student Common Room and Chapel.
Note: Some facilities are shared with Caritas Institute of Higher Education.