Carl-Henrik Heldin (born 9 August 1952) is a Swedish molecular biologist and medical researcher. He has been director of the Uppsala branch of Ludwig Cancer Research since 1986 and professor in molecular cell biology at the medical faculty of Uppsala University since 1992. He is vice-president of the European Research Council since 2011 and was appointed chairman of the Nobel Foundation in 2013.
Membership in Learned societies and Doctor honoris causa
He is a member of the following learned societies
- 1989 European Molecular Biology Organization.
- 1991 Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences.
- 1999 Academia Europaea.
- 2002 Japanese Association for Cancer Research.
- 2006 Finnish Society of Sciences and Letters.
- 2006 Scan Balt Academy
- 2007 Hellenic Biochemical Society
- 2009 Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters
- 2009 European Academy of Cancer Sciences
Heldin has been awarded several prizes, including
- 1989 Prix Antoine Lacassagne, French National Organization against Cancer (shared with D. Gospodarowicz).
- 1992 EMBO Medal
- 1993 K. Fernström Large Medical Prize for Nordic Scientists (with B. Westermark).
- 1994 Pezcoller-AACR Award Pezcoller Foundation and American Ass. for Cancer Research.
- 2002 Meyenburg Prize German Cancer Center, Heidelberg.
- 2011 Berzelius Medal. Swedish Medical Society
- 2011 Rudbeck Medal. Uppsala University
- 2016 H. M. The King's Medal, 12th size gold medal on Seraphim Order ribbon
Heldin is married and has two children born in 1982 and 1988.
- Press Release, 12 April 2011: New Vice Presidents for the European Research Council European Research Council. Retrieved 22 September 2013
- Klas Leffler (21 April 2013): Calle får Silvia till bordet varje år Allehanda.se. Retrieved 22 September 2013 (Swedish)
- Carl-Henrik Heldin new Chairman of the Board of the Nobel Foundation
- CURRICULUM VITAE Academica Europaea. Retrieved 22 September 2013(pdf)
- Medical sciences Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences. Retrieved 22 September 2013
- Carl-Henrik Heldin Academia Europaea. Retrieved 22 September 2013
- The Finnish Society of Sciences and Letters Retrieved 22 September 2013
- "Medaljförläningar" [Medal presentations] (in Swedish). Royal Court of Sweden. 2016-01-28. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
|Non-profit organization positions|
|Chairman of the Nobel Foundation