Carl Anthony Payne II
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification, as its only attribution is to IMDb. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Carl Anthony Payne II|
Carl Anthony Payne II|
May 24, 1969
Clinton, South Carolina, U.S.
|Other names||Carl Payne|
|Occupation||Actor, director, producer|
Carl Anthony Payne II (born May 24, 1969) is an American actor, director, and producer. He is best known for his roles as Cole Brown on the FOX sitcom Martin and Walter "Cockroach" Bradley on the NBC sitcom The Cosby Show.
Payne studied acting at the First All Children's Theater, an off-Broadway repertory theatre company. He graduated from Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts in New York and Howard University.
Payne played Reynaldo St. James on the BET series The Game. He has directed and produced music videos, web series and short films, all while continuing to tour the country as a stand up comic. Most recently, Payne wrapped filming for GMC/Aspire’s new television show For Richer or For Poorer starring Letoya Luckett and Rockmond Dunbar. The series is set to air in 2013.
Payne can be seen currently playing an FBI agent, and later as FCC field agent on The Rickey Smiley Show.
|1986–1987||The Cosby Show||Walter "Cockroach" Bradley||Recurring role, 12 episodes|
|1990||Hull High (TV series)||Hull High Devil Rapper||Recurring role, 9 episodes|
|1991||Quantum Leap||Clinton Leveret||Episode: "A Single Drop of Rain"|
|1992–1997||Martin||Cole Brown||Main role, 132 episodes|
|1999||The Breaks||Chris||Feature film|
|2000||The Hughleys||Earnest||1 episode|
|2002-2003||George Lopez||Curtis||Recurring role, 3 episodes|
|2003||Swirl ||Beethoven||Feature film (comedy)|
|2003-2004||Rock Me Baby (TV series)||Carl||Main role, 22 episodes|
|2006||The Evidence (TV series)||Anthony Bishop||Recurring role, 4 episodes|
|2008||Feast 2: Sloppy Seconds||Slasher||Horror film|
|Girlfriends||Ray||Episode: "Time to Man Up"|
|2009||There's A Stranger in My House||Bailey||Horror film|
|Feast 3: The Happy Finish||Slasher||Horror film|
|2010||Love Me or Leave Me||Joseph Wyatt||TV movie|
|2011||He's Mine Not Yours||Doug||Film, Credited as Carl Payne|
|2012||The Game||Reynaldo St. James||Recurring role, 4 episodes|
|2012-2013||For Richer or Poorer (TV series)||Deshaun||Recurring role, 6 episodes|
|2013||The Dark Sorcerer||The
|Crazy Sexy Cool: The TLC Story||Antonio "L.A." Reid||TV movie|
|2014||Marry Us for Christmas||Preston||TV movie|
|2016||For the Love of Christmas||Johnathan||Feature film|
|A Heart That Forgives||Levar||Feature film|
|2017||Boxing Day: A Day After Christmas||Daymond Brown||Feature film|
|Conflict of Interest||Mark||Feature film|
|2017||Misguided Behavior||Benjamin Fields||Feature film|
Music video appearances
- Whodini - "Growing Up" (1986)
- Bobby Brown - "Girl Next Door" (1987)
- Mint Condition - "Walk On" (2011)
- "Swirl (2003) - IMDb". imdb.com. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "New Additions Made to Cast in TLC Biopic - JetMag.com". jetmag.com. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "Casting Complete: Rochelle Aytes & Carl Payne Join TLC Movie | AlwaysAList.com". alwaysalist.com. Archived from the original on 2014-02-22. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "Carl Anthony Payne To Play L.A. Reid In Forthcoming TLC Biopic « MadameNoire MadameNoire". madamenoire.com. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "Men get suited up for the 2013 Trumpet Award". rollingout.com. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "Martin Star Carl Anthony Payne Speaks On The 11 Eleven 11 Project | USL Magazine | Music, Entertainment, Fashion, Lifestyle, Art & Culture". uslmag.com. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "KARLTON SAYS: Real Talk with Carl Anthony Payne 2 - YouTube". youtube.com. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- Carl Anthony Payne II on IMDb