11 June 1964 |
Longreach, Queensland, Australia
|Medium||Television, live theatre|
|Genres||Observational humour, word play|
Carl Barron (born 11 June 1964) is an Australian comedian. His style is based on observational humour. He was born in Longreach, Queensland, the son of a sheep shearer, and formerly worked as an apprentice roof tiler. Barron has released four DVDs, entitled Carl Barron LIVE!, Carl Barron: Whatever Comes Next, Carl Barron: Walking Down The Street, and Carl Barron: A One Ended Stick. In November 2010 a box set entitled "All The Stuff I've Done So Far" was released, which included the first three previous titles, plus a documentary and outtakes. In 1993 he was voted 'Comic of the Year' and 'Best Up and Coming Talent' and has since made many TV appearances in commercials and on TV shows such as Rove and Thank God You're Here.
One of his perpetual jokes is that several people have mistaken him for people such as Australian musician Paul Kelly. He once stated "I reckon if Paul Kelly and Gandhi had a baby, I'd be it!". He has regularly sold-out shows at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival. Barron has been very successful in Australia with the DVD release of Carl Barron LIVE! going four times platinum, making it the most successful Australian comedy DVD in Australian history. He has appeared in Good News Week, Out of the Question, Thank God You're Here and several episodes of Rove.
List of DVDs
- Carl Barron LIVE!
- Carl Barron: Walking Down the Street
- Carl Barron: Whatever Comes Next
- Carl Barron: All The Stuff I've Done So Far
- Contains Carl Barron LIVE!, Carl Barron: Walking Down the Street, Carl Barron: Whatever Comes Next, Carl Barron: Wompoo St.
- Carl Barron: A One Ended Stick
- Carl Barron: Wompoo Street
- Carl Barron Collection
- Rebecca Barry Hill (12 May 2007). "Laughing from the rooftops – Carl Barron". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 23 September 2011.
- Carl Barron lets the humour come naturally
- Carl Barron Review
- DVD review Archived 3 October 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- Manny Lewis Website
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Carl Barron|
|This article about an Australian comedian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|