||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
December 1, 1968 |
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Occupation||Music Journalist, writer|
|Subject||Music, Heavy Metal Music|
Begai currently lives in Germany.
Begai began his writing career in October 1993 as a contributor to M.E.A.T Magazine, a Toronto-based metal fanzine distributed across Canada that was available for free. At the end of 1996 he joined the ranks of Toronto-based metal magazine Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles (BW&BK). He has contributed to every issue since, having become one of the key writers on staff. In May 2005 Begai added the BW&BK website Bravewords.com to his mag-related duties, joining other staff members in reporting metal news on a daily basis.
Begai has also contributed to the regional German rock fanzine Rock City News (better known these days as RCN) and was a copy editor for the English language edition of the German gothic culture magazine Orkus for two years.
In addition, he has written brief band biographies for Blood Stain Child, Midnattsol, Scarlet Sins, Ahab and vocalist Amanda Somerville. Carl also assisted Midnattsol vocalist Carmen Elise Espenaes in shaping and arranging lyrics for the band's 2005 debut, Where Twilight Dwells, and its 2008 follow-up, Nordlys.
Begai is the co-writer and collaborator on ex-Bonfire bassist Joerg Deisinger's memoir, Fire And Fame, released independently in August 2008. He is currently working on a book of his own entitled Won't Go Quietly, a work of fiction inspired his experiences in the music industry.
- "About – Carl Begai:". carlbegai.com. Retrieved 2013-03-21.
- "Carl Begai (Carl Begai) op Myspace". Myspace.com. December 8, 2011. Retrieved 2012-01-30.
- bravewords.com. "> About Us > Contacts". Bravewords.com. Retrieved 2012-01-30.
- "Scarlet Sins – Biography". Scarletsinsonline.com. Retrieved 2012-01-30.
- "Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives – Midnattsol – Where Twilight Dwells". The Metal Archives. Retrieved 2012-01-30.
- "Amazon.de: Joerg Deisinger, Carl Begai: Englische Bücher". Fire and Fame. Retrieved 2012-01-30.