|Carl Edwin Berg|
|Born||1938 (age 77–78)
|Occupation||real estate developer
|Net worth||$1.1 Billion USD (Nov 2015)|
Carl Edwin Berg (born 1938) is an American businessman, real estate investor, and venture capitalist who has been included in Forbes magazine's list of the 400 richest people in America numerous times. As of March 2013, his net worth was estimated at $1.1 billion.
Carl Berg was born and raised in a Jewish family in New Mexico. He has one brother, Clyde Berg, also a real estate developer. He worked as a loan officer in Texas and then moved to California in the 1970s where took a job running a mortgage company in Sunnyvale, California. In California, he partnered with real estate agent, John A. Sobrato, and pooling their owned capital, founded Midtown Realty. In 1979, they re-focused their business on building industrial campuses for the tech industry.
Berg acquired Mission West Properties Real Estate Investment Trust in 1997 and sold it to realty developer Divco West in December 2012 for $1.3 billion. He is one of the principals of Berg & Berg Enterprises, LLC. His technology investments include the consulting firm International Network Services, which he bought from Lucent Technologies in 2002. He is also a major investor and board member of Valence Technologies and Summit Semiconductor, and is on the board of directors of LynuxWorks.
He is married with one daughter and resides in Atherton, California.
- "#283 Carl Edwin Berg". Forbes. Retrieved 4 November 2015.
- Silbiger, Steve The Jewish Phenomenon: Seven Keys to the Enduring Wealth of a People p. 90
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: "Carl Berg a man on a mission" by Katherine Conrad July 25, 2010
- Mercury News: "Silicon Valley real estate magnate facing charges in suspected sexual abuse of wife" By Tracey Kaplan August 5, 2013
- Mercury News: "Clyde Berg abuse lawsuit: Jury decides against his ex-wife" By Tracey Kaplan March 10, 2016
|This article about an American private equity or venture capital investor or related individual is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|