Carl Christensen (botanist)
Carl Frederik Albert Christensen (16 January 1872 – 24 November 1942) was a Danish systematic botanist. He graduated in natural history from the University of Copenhagen under professor Eugenius Warming. He was then a school teacher in Copenhagen, and later superintendent at the Botanical Museum. He was a specialist in ferns and published a catalogue of the World's Pteridophytes, Index Filicum. In addition, he authored a three-volume work on the history of botany in Denmark.
Selected scientific works
- Christensen, Carl (1905–06) Index Filicum. 744 s. Index Filicum Supplementum I-III (1913–17). Reprint 1973 by Koeltz Antiquariat.
- Christensen, Carl (1924-1926) Den danske botaniks historie med tilhørende Bibliografi. København, H. Hagerups Forlag. Three vols. 680 s.
- Pichi-Sermolli, R. (1946). "Carl Christensen in memoriam (1872–1942)". Nuovo Giornale Botanico Italiano. nueva serie. 53 (1-2).
- Benedict, R. C. (1912). "Carl Frederik Albert Christensen: Some Biographical Notes". American Fern Journal. 2 (2): 53–57. doi:10.2307/1544606.
- Asplund, E. (1945). "Carl Christensen". American Fern Journal. 35 (4): 131–132. JSTOR 1545652.