Carl Friedrich Wilhelm, 1st Prince of Leiningen
|Carl Friedrich Wilhelm|
|Prince of Leiningen|
|Born||14 August 1724|
|Died||9 January 1807 (aged 82)|
|Spouse||Countess Christiane Wilhelmine of Solms-Rödelheim and Assenheim|
|Father||Friedrich Magnus, Count of Leiningen-Dagsburg-Hartenburg|
|Mother||Countess Anna Christine Eleonore von Wurmbrand-Stuppach|
Carl Friedrich Wilhelm, Prince of Leiningen (German: Fürst zu Leiningen; 14 August 1724 – 9 January 1807) was a German nobleman.
He was the eldest son of Friedrich Magnus, Count of Leiningen-Dagsburg-Hartenburg, and his wife, Countess Anna Christine Eleonore von Wurmbrand-Stuppach. He succeeded his father on the latter's death, 28 October 1756.
On 24 June 1749, he married his first cousin Christiane Wilhelmine Luise, daughter of Wilhelm Carl Ludwig, Count of Solms-Rödelheim and Assenheim, by his wife, Countess Maria Margareta Leopolda von Wurmbrand-Stuppach. Christiane died on 6 January 1803, having borne him a son and three daughters:
- Princess Elisabeth Christiane Marianne of Leiningen (27 October 1753 – 16 February 1792); married on 17 May 1768 to Count Karl Ludwig of Salm.
- Princess Charlotte Luise Polyxena of Leiningen (27 May 1755 – 13 January 1785); married 1 September 1776 to Franz, Count of Erbach-Erbach.
- Princess Karoline Sophie Wilhelmine of Leiningen (4 April 1757 – 18 March 1832); married 21 September 1773 Count Friedrich Magnus of Solms-Wildenfels.
- Emich Carl, 2nd Prince of Leiningen (27 September 1763 – 4 July 1814); succeeded his father as second Prince of Leiningen.
In 1801, he was deprived of his lands on the left bank of the Rhine, namely Hardenburg, Dagsburg and Durkheim, by France, but in 1803 received the secularized Amorbach Abbey as an ample compensation for these losses. Hitherto his titles were: Imperial Prince of Leiningen, Count palatine of Mosbach, Count of Düren, Lord of Miltenberg, Amorbach, Bischofsheim, Boxberg, Schüpf and Lauda.
|Ancestors of Carl Friedrich Wilhelm, 1st Prince of Leiningen|
- Marek, Miroslav. "leiningen/leiningen6.html". Genealogy.EU.[self-published source][better source needed]
Carl Friedrich Wilhelm, 1st Prince of LeiningenBorn: 14 August 1724 Died: 9 January 1807
| Prince of Leiningen