Carl Otto Løvenskiold (1898–1969)
Carl Otto Løvenskiold (27 August 1898 – 22 August 1969) was a Norwegian landowner and businessperson.
He was born in Aker as a son of landowner Harald Løvenskiold (1868–1934) and Dorothea Christine Blom. He was a grandson of Prime Minister Carl Otto Løvenskiold, great-grandson of Otto Joachim Løvenskiold, great-great-grandson of Severin Løvenskiold and second cousin of Carl Axel Løvenskiold.
He finished his secondary education in 1917. He then attended Treider School, studied forestry at Yale University and in Nancy, and also took conscript officer training. He reached the rank of Premier Lieutenant in 1927 and Captain in 1931.
He was a forestry manager for Hakedals Verk from 1921, then property administrator for his father from 1928. He became a partner in the family corporation Løvenskiold-Vækerø in 1933, was sole owner from 1935 to 1947, and then co-owner together with his son until 1962. He was also chief executive of Bærums Verk.
He chaired the Oslo–Lommedalen bus route, was a board member of Hunton Bruk, National Papemballageindustri, Dalen Cementvarefabrik and was a supervisory council member of Schøyens Bilcentraler, Gjensidige, Forsikringsselskapet Norden, Andresens Bank, Akers Sparebank, the Norwegian America Line, Søndenfjeldske Norske Dampskibsselskab and SS Garonne. He was a deputy board member of Bank of Norway. He also chaired Vestre Bærum Conservative Party from 1930 to 1934. He was a member of the gentlemen's club SK Fram since 1939.
- Steenstrup, Bjørn, ed. (1948). "Løvenskiold, Carl Otto". Hvem er hvem? (in Norwegian). Oslo: Aschehoug. p. 344. Retrieved 25 February 2012.
- Bratberg, Terje. "Løvenskiold". Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 25 February 2012.
- Steenstrup, Bjørn, ed. (1973). "Løvenskiold, Harald". Hvem er hvem? (in Norwegian). Oslo: Aschehoug. pp. 363–364. Retrieved 25 February 2012.
- Hoffstad, Einar, ed. (1935). "Løvenskiold, Carl O.". Merkantilt biografisk leksikon (in Norwegian) (1st ed.). Oslo: Yrkesforlaget. p. 498. Retrieved 25 February 2012.
- Qvale, Fredrik, ed. (1989). Skiklubben Fram 100 år (in Norwegian). pp. 9–11.
- Steenstrup, Bjørn, ed. (1973). "Fortegnelse over personer som siste gang er omtalt i utgaven 1968 med angivelse av deres dødsdatum". Hvem er hvem? (in Norwegian). Oslo: Aschehoug. p. 628. Retrieved 16 February 2012.