Carl Peter Stoltenberg
Carl Peter Stoltenberg (28 January 1770 – 13 November 1830) was a Norwegian merchant, ship owner and politician. He was a representative at the Norwegian Constituent Assembly in Eidsvoll during 1814.
Carl Peter Stoltenberg was born in Våle (now Re) in Vestfold, Norway. His father was a vicar. He belonged to a well established merchandising family. Three of his uncles ran the business in Tønsberg, and then all died without leaving close heirs to assume control. As a consequence, Stoltenberg inherited the family's mercantile business at age twenty. He expanded the business into both wholesale and retail. He also extended his business into shipping. In 1819, he took over the Vallø saltworks, however an economic crisis in 1830 put his estate into bankruptcy.
He represented the city of Tønsberg at the Norwegian Constituent Assembly at Eidsvoll in 1814, and later a member of the Parliament of Norway. At the National Assembly at Eidsvoll, he sat in the Finance Committee and belonged to the independence party (Selvstendighetspartiet).Stoltenberg was a member of Parliament from 1815 to 1816, setting on the committees for financial, banking and mining.   
Both Stoltenbergs gate and Stoltenbergparken in Tønsberg were named in his honor. 
- Carl Peter Stoltenberg (Eidsvoll 1814)
- Carl Stoltenberg (storiewiki.no)
- Vallø saltverk (lokalhistoriewiki.no)
- Selvstendighetspartiet (Norsk partipolitisk leksikon)
- Larssen, Svein Døvle. "Carl Stoltenberg". In Helle, Knut. Norsk biografisk leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 17 February 2011.
- Mardal, Magnus A. "Carl Peter Stoltenberg". Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 17 February 2011.
- Carl Peter Stoltenberg (Stortingsaktivitet)
- Carl Peter Stoltenberg (Hemneslekt)
- Stoltenberg i Stoltenbergparken (forumoyene.no)
- Holme Jørn (2014) De kom fra alle kanter - Eidsvollsmennene og deres hus (Oslo: Cappelen Damm) ISBN 978-82-02-44564-5
|This article about a Norwegian politician born in the 1770s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|