Carl J. Strikwerda
|Carl J. Strikwerda|
Grand Rapids, Michigan
|Alma mater||University of Michigan, PhD, History
University of Chicago, Masters, History
Calvin College, History
|Occupation||President of Elizabethtown College|
|Predecessor||Theodore E. Long|
He is the former dean of the faculty of arts and sciences at the College of William & Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia. He has also previously worked at the University of Kansas. On October 1, 2011, Strikwerda was inaugurated as Elizabethtown College's fourteenth president.
- C. J. Strikwerda, Urban structures, religion language : Belgian workers 1880-1914. Michigan, unpublished PhD thesis, 1983.
- Strikwerda, Carl. A house divided: Catholics, Socialists, and Flemish nationalists in nineteenth-century Belgium. Rowman & Littlefield, 1997.
- Furlough, Ellen, and Carl Strikwerda, eds. Consumers against capitalism?: consumer cooperation in Europe, North America, and Japan, 1840-1990. Lanham: Rowman & Littlefield, 1999.
Articles, a selection:
- Strikwerda, Carl. "The troubled origins of European economic integration: international iron and steel and labor migration in the era of World War I." The American Historical Review (1993): 1106-1129.
- Strikwerda, Carl. "Reinterpreting the history of European integration: business, labor, and social citizenship in twentieth-century Europe." European Integration in Social and Historical Perspective (1850): 51-70.
- "Carl J. Strikwerda named 14th president of Elizabethtown College". Readme.readmedia.com. Retrieved 2014-06-10.
- "Elizabethtown College President Carl J. Strikwerda Delivers Inaugural Lecture on Jan. 24". Elizabethtown Journal. 2012-02-01. Retrieved 2014-06-11.
- "Carl J. Strikwerda - Biography and facts". Whoislog.info. 2011-10-01. Retrieved 2014-06-10.
- "'Serve, lead, inspire' - News". lancasteronline.com. 2013-09-12. Retrieved 2014-06-11.
|This biography of an American academic administrator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|