Trueman lecturing at the Presbyterian Theological College, in Melbourne, Australia, in 2012
Carl R. Trueman
1967 (age 51–52)
|Home town||West Country, England|
|Church||Orthodox Presbyterian Church|
|Influences||J. I. Packer|
|School or tradition||Calvinism|
Carl R. Trueman (born 1967) is a Christian theologian and ecclesiastical historian. He was Professor of Historical Theology and Church History at Westminster Theological Seminary, where he held the Paul Woolley Chair of Church History. In 2018 Trueman resigned his position at Westminster to become a full-time undergraduate Professor at Grove City College, serving as Full Professor in their Department of Biblical and Religious Studies as of the fall semester of that same year.
Among Trueman's books are John Owen: Reformed Catholic, Renaissance Man,The Creedal Imperative, Fools Rush in Where Monkeys Fear to Tread: Taking Aim at Everyone, and Republocrat: Confessions of a Liberal Conservative. He contributes to First Things (Journal of Religion and Public Life) blogs regularly at Reformation21 and co-hosts the Mortification of Spin podcast.
Trueman studied at Marling School, Gloucestershire, St Catharine's College, Cambridge and the University of Aberdeen, and previously taught at the University of Aberdeen and the University of Nottingham. He was editor of Themelios from 1998 to 2007, and is a council member of the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals.
- DeYoung, Kevin (6 June 2014). "Bio, Books, and Such: Carl Trueman". The Gospel Coalition. Retrieved 18 May 2019.
- "Carl Trueman". Lancaster, Pennsylvania: Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals. Retrieved 18 May 2019.
- "Carl R. Trueman". Grove City College. Retrieved 9 October 2018.
- "Renowned Christian scholar Carl Trueman to join faculty". Grove City College. Retrieved 24 April 2018.
- Trueman, Carl, John Owen: Reformed Catholic, Renaissance Man, WTS books, ISBN 9780754614708.
- Trueman, Carl, The creedal imperative, WTS books, ISBN 978-1-43352190-4.
- Trueman, Carl, Fools rush in where monkeys fear to tread, WTS books, ISBN 978-1-59638405-7.
- Trueman, Carl, Republocrat, WTS books, ISBN 978-1-59638183-4.
- First Things,
- Reformation 21.
- What church do, Alliance net.