Carla Angelina Reyes Abellana
Carla Abellana in 2014.
|Born||June 12, 1986 (age 32)|
|Alma mater||De La Salle University|
|Relatives||Delia Razon (grandmother)|
Carla Angeline Reyes Abellana (born June 12, 1986) is a Filipina actress and commercial model who played the lead role in the Philippine adaptation of the Mexican telenovela Rosalinda in 2009. She is also known for her lead role in Sine Novela: Basahang Ginto in 2009, Kung Aagawin Mo Ang Langit in 2011, Makapiling Kang Muli in 2012, My Husband's Lover in 2013, My Destiny in 2014, Because of You in 2015, Mulawin vs. Ravena and I Heart Davao in 2017, and her first anti-heroine role in Pamilya Roces in 2018.
Born on June 12, 1986, in Manila, Philippines. Abellana is the daughter of actor Rey "PJ" Abellana and Rea Reyes. Her grandmother is veteran actress, Delia Razon, who was born to a German father and a Filipino-Spanish mother. She graduated cum laude from De La Salle University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology.
Abellana began her career as a commercial model. In 2009, she auditioned for Zorro, but GMA Network instead cast her in a lead role in Rosalinda, a remake of the Mexican telenovela of the same name. She subsequently became a model for Bench, also in 2009. In 2011, Nigel Barker photographed her for a photo shoot in the Philippine Tatler. She also appeared in the Philippine Fashion Week 2011, where she modeled clothes by Michele Sison. She has co-hosted SOP Rules, StarStruck, Party Pilipinas, the cooking show Del Monte Kitchenomics, and Karelasyon, a drama anthology series. She has also hosted the pageants Binibining Pilipinas 2010 and Miss World Philippines 2013. In 2013, she joined Sunday All Stars as a judge.
Carla is a contract star of Regal Films. She signed a 12-picture contract with the company. Her first film under Regal Films is Mamarazzi. Abellana appeared in her first horror film which was an entry to 2010 Metro Manila Film Festival, Shake, Rattle & Roll XII. In September 2011, Abellana starred in the Regal Films film My Neighbor's Wife. By the end of 2011, Abellana also appeared in two films, both of which are entries for the 2011 Metro Manila Film Festival: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow and 2013's Manila Kingpin: The Asiong Salonga Story. 2014 she started in the Ensemble Romantic Comedy by Jose Javier Reyes "Somebody to Love" her alongside Matteo Guidicelli and "So It's You" with Jc De Vera and Tom Rodriguez In 2015, she starred again with Tom Rodriguez in the Film "No Boyfriend Since Birth" her second film with Reyes.
Drama and Comedy
|2009||Rosalinda||Rosalinda Perez-Altamirano / Rosalinda Del Castillo-Altamirano / Paloma Dorantes||Lead Role / Protagonist||GMA Network|
|SRO Cinema Serye: Carenderia Queen||Juliet|
|2010||The Last Prince||Sonia||Special Guest|
|Sine Novela: Basahang Ginto||Orang Dimarucot / Laura Leyva||Lead Role|
|Love Bug Presents: The Last Romance||Rackie||Main Role|
|Jillian: Namamasko Po||Joyce||Special Guest|
|2011||Magic Palayok||Pilar Sallave-Cruz||Lead Role|
|Kung Aagawin Mo Ang Langit||Ellery Martinez||Main Role|
|2012||Legacy||Herself (endorser)||Special Guest|
|Makapiling Kang Muli||Leilani Angeles||Lead Role|
|Pepito Manaloto: Ang Tunay na Kwento||Teacher Jenny||Special Guest|
|2013||Magpakailanman: The Undying Love Story of Leonardo & Nonyx Buela||Nonyx Buela||Lead Role|
|My Husband's Lover||Eulalia "Lally" Agatep-Soriano||Lead Role|
|Bubble Gang||Herself/Main Cast|
|2014||Magpakailanman: Sinapupunang Paupahan||Neneth Villegas||Lead Role|
|Ismol Family||Majay Ismol||Main Cast|
|My Destiny||Grace Dela Rosa-Andrada||Lead Role|
|2015||Pari 'Koy||Michelle Capistrano-Banal||Special Guest|
|Because Of You||Andrea Marquez-Salcedo||Lead Role|
|2016||Dear Uge: Acting Dyowa||Sarah||Episode Role|
|Juan Happy Love Story||Adult Katrina Cassandra "Katkat" Kaliwanagan-Arboleda||Cameo Role|
|Karelasyon: Pag-ibig na nakatadhana||Estela||Episode Role|
|2017||Mulawin versus Ravena||Aviona||Special participation|
|I Heart Davao||Hope Villanueva-Torres||Lead Role|
|2018||Pamilya Roces||Crystal Rose Austria Roces-Javellana||Anti-hero Role|
|2010||Binibining Pilipinas 2010|
|2011||Miss World Philippines 2011||Herself/Host|
|2012||Manny Many Prizes|
|Protégé: The Battle For The Big Artista Break|
|2013-2015||Sunday All Stars||Herself/Performer/Host|
|2014–present||Del Monte Kitchenomics||Herself/Host|
|Shake, Rattle & Roll XII||Diane||PMPC Star Awards for Movies Award for Best New Movie Actress|
Young Critics Circle Award for Best Performance
Nominated — Metro Manila Film Festival Award for Best Actress
Nominated — Golden Screen Awards for Breakthrough Performance by an Actress
|2011||My Neighbor's Wife||Jasmine||Nominated — Luna Awards for Best Supporting Actress|
|Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow||Charlotte||Nominated — 2011 Metro Manila Film Festival for Best Supporting Actress|
|Manila Kingpin: The Asiong Salonga Story||Fidela||Nominated — FAMAS Award for Best Actress|
|So It's You||Lira Joy Macaspac|
|Somebody to Love||Sabrina Madrilejos|
|Shake, Rattle & Roll XV||Aimee||Nominated — 2014 Metro Manila Film Festival for Best Actress|
|2015||No Boyfriend Since Birth||Carina Miranda|
Awards and nominations
|2010||36th Metro Manila Film Festival||Best Actress||Shake, Rattle & Roll XII: Punerarya||Nominated|
|24th PMPC Star Awards for TV||Best New Female TV Personality||Rosalinda||Won|
|2011||37th Metro Manila Film Festival||Best Supporting Actress||Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow||Nominated|
|Young Critics Circle for Film||Best Performance||Shake, Rattle & Roll XII: Punerarya||Won|
|27th PMPC Star Awards for Movies||Best New Movie Actress||Won|
|8th Golden Screen Awards||Breakthrough Performance by an Actress||Nominated|
|2012||30th Luna Awards||Best Supporting Actress||My Neighbor's Wife||Nominated|
|Yahoo OMG! Awards||Actress of the Year||None||Nominated|
|FAMAS Awards||Best Actress||Manila Kingpin: The Asiong Salonga Story||Nominated|
|2013||27th PMPC Star Awards for Television||Best Drama Actress||My Husband's Lover||Nominated|
|The PEP List 2013||Female TV Star of the Year||My Husband's Lover||Nominated|
|2014||Golden Screen Awards for Television||Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Drama Series||My Husband's Lover||Won|
|Yahoo! OMG Awards||Actress of the Year||None||Nominated|
|40th Metro Manila Film Festival||Best Actress||Shake, Rattle & Roll XV: Ulam||Nominated|
- "Film # 007873377 Image Film # 007873377; ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSW9-791S-1 — FamilySearch.org". Archived from the original on March 3, 2016. Retrieved February 20, 2016.
- Michelle Caligan (June 12, 2014). "Throwback Thursday: A Look Back At Carla Abellana's Showbiz Life On Her Birthday!". GMA Network. Archived from the original on September 15, 2017. Retrieved November 25, 2017.
- Mikee Delizo (June 18, 2014). "Suddenly Single Carla Abellana Looks Forward To New Love". Manila Bulletin. Archived from the original on October 31, 2014. Retrieved October 6, 2014.
- Dinno Erence (February 2, 2009). "Newcomer Carla Abellana to portray pinay Rosalinda!". PEP. Archived from the original on September 21, 2017. Retrieved November 25, 2017.
- Neil Celeste Rara (September 13, 2013). "Carla Abellana corrects Wikipedia entry about her". GMA Network. Archived from the original on September 15, 2017. Retrieved November 25, 2017.
- "Bench has a new leading lady". The Philippine Star. July 22, 2009. Archived from the original on September 11, 2017. Retrieved November 25, 2017.
- MauriceArcache (July 27, 2011). "The women of Nigel Barker". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Archived from the original on September 12, 2017. Retrieved November 25, 2017.
- "Carla Abellana, Iya Villania, Danica Magpantay, Chat Almarvez + more at Michele Sison's Philippine Fashion Week couture comeback Show". Spot.PH. May 31, 2011. Archived from the original on December 1, 2017. Retrieved November 25, 2017.
- Maridol Ranoa-Bismark (November 27, 2009). "Second chances, new beginnings". The Philippine Star. Archived from the original on September 11, 2017. Retrieved November 25, 2017.
- "Double your luck in Party Pilipinas". The Philippine Star. January 13, 2013. Archived from the original on September 11, 2017. Retrieved November 25, 2017.
- "Del Monte Kitchenomics on GMA". The Philippine Star. March 5, 2014. Archived from the original on September 19, 2017. Retrieved November 25, 2017.
- "Love's many facets in Karelasyon". The Philippine Star. April 7, 2014. Archived from the original on September 11, 2017. Retrieved November 25, 2017.
- "Maria Venus Raj to represent the Philippines in Miss Universe 2010". Philippine Entertainment Portal. March 12, 2010. Archived from the original on December 1, 2017. Retrieved November 25, 2017.
- "Miss World Philippines 2013 Coronation Night airs on GMA". GMA Network. August 16, 2013. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved November 25, 2017.
- "Sunday All Stars presents world festivals". The Philippine Star. August 25, 2013. Archived from the original on September 11, 2017. Retrieved November 25, 2017.
- Jocelyn Dimaculangan (July 20, 2010). "Regal kicks off 50th anniversary celebration with Eugene Domingo's Mamarazzi". PEP. Archived from the original on March 5, 2016. Retrieved November 25, 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on March 15, 2018. Retrieved March 15, 2018.
- Rose Garcia (November 8, 2009). "Carla Abellana: "Kailangan pa ng maraming exposures at mahabang panahon para matawag akong magaling na aktres."". PEP. Archived from the original on September 12, 2017. Retrieved November 25, 2017.
- Rommel Gonzales (May 19, 2010). "Carla Abellana needs no permit from Geoff Eigenmann to work with Dennis Trillo". PEP. Archived from the original on September 12, 2017. Retrieved November 25, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Carla Abellana.|