July 13, 1959 (age 59)|
Güímar, Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain
|Occupation||Actress, Activist, Politician|
Carla Delgado Gómez (born July 13, 1959 in Güímar, Tenerife, Canary Islands) is a Canarian-Spanish actress who uses the stage name Carla Antonelli. She is also a noted LGBT rights activist who maintains a large support website for transgender and transsexual people, and a politician serving in the Madrid Assembly, the first trans person to serve in a legislature in Spain.
Antonelli attended the Conservatory of Music and Dramatic Arts (Conservatorio de Música y Arte Dramático) in Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
Antonelli is best known for her role as Gloria in the television series El síndrome de Ulises.
In 1997 Antonelli joined in the Spanish Socialist Workers' Party (PSOE), as Area Coordinator for the Federal Transsexual/GLBT Group.
In 2004 the PSOE won the elections and the Congress approved gay marriage, but trans rights were not granted at that time. In 2006, Antonelli threatened a hunger strike unless the PSOE majority adopted the Gender Identity Law (Ley de Identidad de Género). The law was adopted in 2007, and she was the first transsexual person in the Community of Madrid to obtain the amended sex designation on her legal documents.
Antonelli has spoken out against attempts to prohibit sex work in Spain, noting that it would disproportionately affect trans women, who often have difficulty finding other work.
She has received several awards for her work. The Transsexual Collective of Madrid honored her in 2003 for her trailblazing efforts. She was honored by transgender groups in Catalonia and Andalusia in 2008 for her work on the Gender Identity Act. She won the 2008 Premios Látigos y Plumas from the Federación Estatal de Gays, Lesbianas y Transexuales de España and the 2009 Baeza Award (Premia Baeza) for visibility.
Film and television work
- Hijos de papá (dir. Rafael Gil, 1980)
- Corridas de alegría (dir. Gonzalo García Pelayo, 1980)
- Pepe no me des tormento (dir. José María Gutiérrez, 1980)
- Las guapas y locas chicas de Ibiza (dir. Siggi Ghotz, 1981)
- Adolescencia (dir. Germán Llorente, 1982)
- Extraños (dir. Imanol Uribe, 1999)
- Tío Willy (TVE, 1999)
- Periodistas (Telecinco, 2000)
- Policías (Antena 3, 2001)
- El comisario (Telecinco, 1999 and 2002)
- El Síndrome de Ulises (Antena 3, 2007)
- El vuelo del tren (dir. Paco Torres, 2009)
- González, Maribel (May 17, 2009). 100 españoles hablan de sexo. El Mundo
- Bustos Moreno, Yolanda B. (2008). Transexualidad. Librería-Editorial Dykinson, ISBN 978-84-9849-254-5
- Carla Antonelli: "La democracia gana siempre": Se convierte en la primera mujer transexual en sentarse en un parlamento regional. Ocio Gay. Accessed 24/05/2011.
- Wockner, Rex (June 13, 2011). Transsexual takes seat in Madrid Assembly.[permanent dead link] Bay Windows