This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Carla Juri in 2013
|Born||January 2, 1985|
Juri was raised in Ambrì, a village in the Italian-speaking Canton of Ticino in Switzerland. She is fluent in German, English and Italian. She learned German and Italian as a small child and picked up English at 15. Her father is a lawyer and her mother is a sculptor  In school, she played hockey for HC Ambrì-Piotta and went on to be a forward for the Swiss Schweizer Meister Class A team, SC Reinach. From 2005 until 2010, she studied theater in Los Angeles and London. Juri started her acting career by hopping between auditions in Berlin, London, and Rome. She maintained a busy schedule trying to find work while making use of her trilinguialism.
- From 2005 to 2007, Juri was coached by Douglas Matranga in Los Angeles.
- Between 2007-2008, she took part in the ensemble of the Theatrical Arts Theatre Company in Los Angeles.
- From 2008 to 2010, Juri attended acting classes at The Actors Centre in London.
Juri's first film appearance was in the short film Midday Room. In 2011, she received the Swiss Film Award in the Best Performance in a Supporting Role category for 180° (2010). The next year, she won the award for Best Actress for her role in Eine wen iig, dr Dällebach Kari. In 2013, she was selected to receive the Shooting Star which is awarded annually to ten young European actors at the Berlin International Film Festival. She also played the leading role in the 2013 film adaptation of Wetlands. This is arguably the role she is best known for. The novel it is based on was a controversial best seller in Germany. To prepare for this role, Juri wore the clothes of her character, Helen, for several weeks and spent a lot of this time in Berlin, where her character lives. She even went undercover as a student in a highschool where only the director of the school knew she was an actress. She appeared in the Blade Runner sequel, Blade Runner 2049, as a designer of implanted memories for replicants.
|2006||Midday Room||The Bride||Short film|
|2008||The Space You Leave||Lea||Short film|
|2010||180° – Wenn deine Welt plötzlich Kopf steht||Esther Grüter|
|2010||Bold Heroes||Michis Cousine|
|2012||Someone Like Me||Annemarie Geiser||aka Eine wen iig, dr Dällebach Kari|
|2012||Questo è mio||Maestra||Short film|
|2013||Lovely Louise||Junge Louise|
|2014||Spooky & Linda||Linda||Short film|
|2016||Morris from America||Inka|
|2017||Blade Runner 2049||Dr. Ana Stelline|
|2018||A Million Little Pieces|
|2019||Six Minutes To Midnight||Post-production|
|2010||Married to a Cop||Ilaria Cantilli||Episode: "Una figlia"|
|2011||Un passo dal cielo||Nina||Episode: "Salvato dalle acque"|
|2012||Der Kriminalist||Marie||Episode: "Des Königs Schwert"|
- 2011: Best Supporting Actress for 180° at the Swiss Film Awards
- 2012: Best Leading Actress at the Swiss Film Awards
- 2013: Shooting Stars Award - Europe's Best Young Actors
- Butzmann, Dominik (2016). "Wie gern erinnern Sie sich an die »Feuchtgebiete«?". Süddeutsche Zeitung. Retrieved 12 October 2017.
- Rapold, Nicolas (28 August 2014). "Carla Juri of Wetlands, Playing the Wild Child". The New York Times. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- «Mein Erfolg ist harte Arbeit und Glück» Carla Juri im Interview mit 20min.ch vom 11. Februar 2013.
- "FBE agentur : Carla Juri". www.felix-bloch-erben-agentur.de.
- Ravensburg, Munzinger-Archiv GmbH,. "Carla Juri - Munzinger Biographie". www.munzinger.de. Retrieved 24 June 2017.
- Essenz in den Augen. Archived 13 October 2013 at the Wayback Machine Interview mit Carla Juri in: Der Rheintaler vom 16. März 2012.
- Carla Juri bei Swiss Films; retrieved, 10 August 2013
- "Flash Forward: Interview with the Fearless Carla Juri of Wetlands - MovieMaker Magazine". MovieMaker Magazine. 11 September 2014. Retrieved 23 March 2017.
- "Carla Juri – Officine Artistiche" (in Italian). officineartistiche.com. Retrieved 21 March 2017.
- "FBE agentur : Carla Juri". felix-bloch-erben-agentur.de. Retrieved 21 March 2017.
- Carla Juri bei shooting-stars.eu; retrieved, 10 August 2013
- Rapold, Interview By Nicolas (28 August 2014). "Carla Juri of 'Wetlands,' Playing the Wild Child". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 23 March 2017.
- "Blade Runner 2 Adds Carla Juri to Cast". Retrieved 24 June 2017.