This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ortiz at the Bel-Air Film 2011 Festival red carpet on opening night.
Carla Ortiz Oporto
2 December 1978
Carla Ortiz Oporto (born 2 December 1975) is a Bolivian actress and philanthropist.
Early and personal life
She was born in Cochabamba, Bolivia. After a brief career as a professional tennis player, she moved to Mexico City in the 1990s and later, in 2005, to Los Angeles upon winning a bursary from the Georgetown University.
Ortiz has been accused by journalist Christoph Reuter from Der Spiegel of engaging in Russian propaganda in relation to the Syrian Civil War. However, the accusations were received with criticism by Syrian German musician Hanin Elias.
- The curse of the Mayans (2017)
- Voice of Syria (summer 2017)
- Olvidados (2013)
- The Man Who Shook the Hand of Vicente Fernandez (2012)
- Escríbeme postales a Copacabana (2009)
- Los Andes no creen en Dios (2007)
- Shut Up and Shoot! (2006)
- Che Guevara (2005)
- Mooke (1998)
- Secreto de amor (2001)
- Primer Amor... a mil por hora (2000)
- Todo se Vale (1999)
- Mujeres engañadas (1999)
- Gotita de amor (1998)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-06-12. Retrieved 2011-01-21.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Christoph Reuter (21 December 2017). "Russlands perfider Feldzug gegen die Wahrheit" (in German). Der Spiegel. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- Hanin Elias (22 December 2017). "Leserbrief einer in Berlin lebenden Syrerin an den Spiegelredakteur und Verfasser des Artikels „Russland diffamiert zivile Helfer in Syrien und sät Zweifel an Assads Giftgasangriffen."" (in German). Co-op News. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- Carla Ortiz at IMDb
|This article about an actor from Bolivia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|