Perez in 2012
Carla Aparecida Perez Soares
November 16, 1977
|Occupation||Singer, dancer, television presenter, ex-actress|
Xanddy (m. 2001)
|Genres||Samba, pagode, axé, pop, children's music|
|Labels||Cinema Music, Muralha Records|
|Associated acts||É o Tchan!|
Carla Aparecida Perez Soares da Silva (née Soares; born November 16, 1977) is a Brazilian singer, dancer, television presenter and former actress. She reached fame in the mid-1990s after performing with axé group É o Tchan!.
Carla Perez was born in Salvador, Bahia on November 16, 1977, to Carlos Soares and Ivone Perez; on her mother's side, she is of Spanish descent. She also has two brothers and two sisters. When she was 15 years old, she gave up on her baile de debutante to afford a model course. In 1995 she was invited to perform for newly founded axé group É o Tchan!, what launched her into nationwide fame and later on led her to pose naked five times for Playboy Brasil. Perez parted ways with É o Tchan! in 1998 to pursue personal projects, such as the one of being an actress; in the same year she starred alongside Alexandre Pires (her boyfriend at the time), Perry Salles, Lázaro Ramos and Lucci Ferreira in the semi-fictionalized biopic Cinderela Baiana, directed by Conrado Sanchez. It was a critical and commercial failure, and Perez announced many years after the film's release that she had disowned it. Her final acting role was a cameo in the 1999 film Xuxa Requebra. Around the same time she hosted the variety shows Fantasia (from 1998 to 1999) and Canta e Dança, Minha Gente (from 1999 to 2001), both broadcast by SBT.
Beginning in 2000, when she released her first album, Algodão-Doce, through Cinema Music, and founded the Carnival block of the same name, Perez began to dedicate herself for children. She released two further albums, Todos Iguais and Eletro Kids, in 2005 and 2007 respectively. From 2003 to 2008 she covered the Bahian Carnaval for Rede Bandeirantes. More recently, from 2012 to 2017, she hosted the children's show Clube da Alegria, broadcast by TV Aratu in Bahia.
Perez had a short-lived relationship with Só Pra Contrariar frontman Alexandre Pires in the late 1990s. In 2000 she met Harmonia do Samba vocalist Manuel Alexandre Oliveira da Silva (better known as Xanddy), and they married the following year. The couple has two children: Camilly Victória (born 2001) and Victor Alexandre (born 2003). From early 2016 until late 2017 they lived in Orlando, Florida.
|1999–2001||Canta e Dança, Minha Gente||Herself (host)|
|2003–2008||Band Folia||Herself (host)|
|2012–2017||Clube da Alegria||Herself (host)|
- "As musas que marcaram época como rainhas do rebolado" (in Portuguese). G1. 2008-02-04. Retrieved 2017-10-25.
- "Eu era uma criança sem maldade, diz dançarina Carla Perez sobre É o Tchan!". Meio Norte (in Portuguese). 14 May 2008. Archived from the original on 16 May 2008.
- "Carla Perez abusa do rebolado em novo programa do SBT" (in Portuguese). ISTOÉ. 1999-11-22. Retrieved 2017-10-25.
- Carla Perez - Algodão-Doce on Discogs
- Carla Perez - Brasil Musik
- "Carla Perez vai apresentar programa infantil na Bahia" (in Portuguese). BOL. 2012-06-21. Retrieved 2017-10-25.
- "Carla Perez anuncia fim do 'Clube da Alegria': 'a vida é feita de ciclos'" (in Portuguese). Correio 24 Horas. 2017-05-27. Retrieved 2017-10-25.
- "Ex-namorados, Carla Perez e Alexandre Pires posam juntos" (in Portuguese). iG. 2017-09-05. Retrieved 2017-10-25.
- "Filha de Carla Perez e Xanddy nasce em Salvador" (in Portuguese). Folha de S.Paulo. 2001-12-23. Retrieved 2017-10-25.
- "Nasce segundo filho de Carla Perez e Xanddy" (in Portuguese). Terra. 2003-12-21. Retrieved 2017-10-25.
- "Carla Perez deixa o Brasil para passar um ano em Orlando" (in Portuguese). O Dia. 2016-03-09. Retrieved 2017-10-25.
- "Morando nos Estados Unidos, Carla Perez vai com os filhos à igreja" (in Portuguese). Quem. 2016-10-09. Retrieved 2017-10-25.