|Born||May 18, 2000|
Onalaska, Wisconsin, U.S.
Carlie Hanson (born May 18, 2000) is an American singer-songwriter, best known for the song "Only One". She released her debut extended play, Junk, on June 7, 2019.
Early life and education
Hanson was born and raised in Onalaska, Wisconsin. She was inspired to become a singer by Justin Bieber, and at 14, she and a friend began posting cover songs on YouTube, hoping to follow Bieber's path.
2016–2018: Career beginnings
In May 2016, while working as a cashier at McDonald's, Hanson entered a local iHeart Radio contest to see Zayn in concert. As her entry, she recorded a video of herself singing "Pillowtalk" by Zayn while sitting in a parked car outside a shopping mall. She posted the video to Instagram, and it was quickly reposted by iHeart, drawing significant attention. Hanson was subsequently contacted by a talent agent who invited her to Toronto to audition and record for producers from House of Wolf. While in Los Angeles, she worked with songwriter Dale Anthoni. In November 2017, Taylor Swift included Hanson's second single, "Only One", on an Apple Music playlist of her favorite songs. Hanson released a video for the song in March 2018, directed by Similar But Different, who assembled an all-female crew for the shoot. In April 2018, "Only One" was averaging 400,000 streams daily.
In September 2018, Hanson began touring with Troye Sivan and Kim Petras on Sivan's Bloom Tour, playing at venues including Radio City Music Hall in New York and the Greek Theater in Los Angeles. In a review of the Minneapolis show, Twin Cities Media wrote: "She's badass, she’s unapologetic, she’s poppy yet gritty, she's effortlessly cool, her music absolutely bangs, and she’s selfmade. Carlie Hanson is a little bit of Lorde, a little of Billie Eilish meets Kiiara, and a lot of something all her own."
In January 2019, Hanson supported Yungblud on a series of shows in Europe. She then signed with Warner Bros. Records in February 2019, and Primary Wave Music in March 2019. On April 26, 2019, Hanson released "Back in my Arms". The song was later announced to be the lead single from her debut EP, Junk. On May 24, 2019, she released "WYA", the second single from Junk. Later that day, Taylor Swift added another of Hanson's songs, "Back in My Arms", to her Apple Music playlist. The EP, consisting of five songs, was released on June 7, 2019. In September 2019, she will embark on The WYA Tour across Europe and England.
|"Why Did You Lie"||2017||Non-album singles|
|"Back in My Arms"||2019||Junk|
|"Back in My Arms"||Danilo Parra|
- Ramynke, Ashley; 2018. "Interview: Wisconsin-native Carlie Hanson on translating the bad habits of her teenage years to pop single "Toxins"". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2019-03-21.
- "Carlie Hanson: Pop music's fresh-faced phenom – PCC Courier". Retrieved 2019-05-24.
- Tribune, Randy Erickson La Crosse. "Major (label) things ahead for Onalaska singer Carlie Hanson". La Crosse Tribune. Retrieved 2019-03-21.
- "Meet Carlie Hanson: 18-Year-Old Pop Star in the Making". PAPER. 2018-06-12. Retrieved 2019-03-21.
- "Meet Carlie Hanson, the singer you'll be hooked on all summer...and all fall...and all year, really". babe. 2018-07-17. Retrieved 2019-03-24.
- "Watch Carlie Hanson's Music Video for "Only One"". www.lofficielusa.com. Retrieved 2019-03-24.
- "Carlie Hanson Announces Debut Live Shows in Los Angeles, CA and New York, NY on May 18th and May 29th – WithGuitars". www.withguitars.com. Retrieved 2019-03-24.
- "Carlie Hanson on her sexuality, struggles with mental health and touring with Troye Sivan". Gay Times. 2018-07-20. Retrieved 2019-03-21.
- "Troye Sivan Brings The Bloom Tour To Minneapolis' State Theater". TwinCitiesMedia.net. 2018-10-19. Retrieved 2019-03-24.
- Writer, Christian Kennedy Daily Arts. "Carlie Hanson is the most Taurus person you'll ever meet". The Michigan Daily. Retrieved 2019-03-21.
- Tribune, RANDY ERICKSON La Crosse. "Onalaska's Carlie Hanson signs record contract with Warner Bros". madison.com. Retrieved 2019-03-21.
- "Publishing Briefs: Denzel Curry Signs With Concord Music, Carlie Hanson Teams With Primary Wave & More". Billboard. Retrieved 2019-03-24.
- "Carlie Hanson – Numb". The Hype Magazine. Retrieved 2019-03-24.
- "Pre-save Carlie Hanson's single 'Back in my Arms'". campaigns.topsify.com. Retrieved 2019-04-20.
- "Carlie Hanson Drops "Back In My Arms" Video, Announces 'Junk' EP". idolator. 2019-05-03. Retrieved 2019-05-03.
- "WYA comes out this Friday!!!! and my EP 'Junk' is available for Pre-Order now bitch so let's go📺🕹". May 20, 2019. Retrieved May 21, 2019 – via Twitter.
- "Taylor Swift Shares New Playlist Of Songs She's 'Loving Right Now': Listen". Billboard. Retrieved 2019-05-24.
- Desk, BWW News. "Carlie Hanson Releases Video For BACK IN MY ARMS, Debut EP Out 6/7". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved 2019-05-03.