Carlisle School District (Arkansas)
|Carisle School District|
|East 6th Street
Carlisle, Arkansas 72024
|Accreditation||Arkansas Department of Education|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||59.00 (on FTE basis)|
|Staff||112.00 (on FTE basis)|
|Athletic conference||2A Region 6 (2012–14)|
Carlisle School District is a public school district based in Carlisle, Arkansas, United States. The school district encompasses 233.26 square miles (604.1 km2) of land in Lonoke County and Prairie County including all or portions of Carlisle, Hazen, Lonoke, Humnoke, Stuttgart, England, and Allport.
The mascot and athletic emblem for the schools is the Bison with black and gold serving as the schools' colors. The varsity and junior varsity teams compete in the 2A Region 6 Conference as administered by the Arkansas Activities Association. The district and its schools are accredited by the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE).
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (April 2013)
In 2007, the district proposed a property tax increase because it believed that the increase could help it build a new high school. An Arkansas state law passed in 2005 had the potential of helping Carlisle School District pay for a new high school.
- Carisle High School, serving more than 350 students in grades 7 through 12.
- Carisle Ełementary School, serving more than 450 students in prekindergarten through grade 6.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Carisle School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 21 February 2013.
- "Carisle School District". USA.com. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- "School Profile, Carisle High School". Arkansas Activities Association. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- "ConsolidationAnnex_from_1983.xls." Arkansas Department of Education. Retrieved on October 13, 2017.
- Hahn, Heather. "District seeks rise in tax for school." Arkansas Democrat Gazette. June 11, 2007. Retrieved on April 4, 2013. "The Carlisle School District is seeking a property-tax increase of 9 mills in Tuesday's special election in hopes of benefiting from a 2005 state law that would help the district pay for a new high school."
|This Arkansas school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|