He was born in Cagliari, Sardinia. He mainly painted Alpine landscapes, and exhibited in Turin at the Promotrice of 1884,1888–1897, and in 1911. He also exhibited with the biennial exhibitions of the Circle of Artists around those years. He was known for his etchings of portraits and vedute. His engravings were featured in the following books:
- Leggende del mare (1894) by Maria Savi-Lopez, E. Loescher, with 60 illustrations by Carlo Chessa.
- Leggende delle Alpi (1889) by Maria Savi-Lopez with 60 illustrations by Carlo Chessa (see full version, Alpensagen (1893) in German).
- Chronique du temps qui fut la Jacquerie by Leon Hennique, Carlo Chessa, ... Cossard, Luc Olivier Merson Librairie de la Collection des Dix, Romagnol, 1903.
- Garollo, Gottardo (1907). Ulrico Hoepli, ed. Dizionario biografico universale. Editore Libraio della Real Casa, Milan. p. 522.
- Date and place of birth from La quadreria e le sculture: opere dell'Ottocento e del Novecento, Volume 1, by Anna Maria Damigella, Bruno Mantura, Mario Quesada.
- Encyclopedia Treccani Dizionario Biografico degli Italiani - Volume 24 (1980), entry by Antonio Pandolfelli.
|This article about an Italian painter born in the 19th century is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|