2 April 1923|
|Died||7 January 1988
Carlo Hintermann (2 April 1923 – 7 January 1988) was an Italian film, television and stage actor and voice actor. He was sometimes credited as Carlo Hinterman.
Life and career
Born in Milan into a family of ancient Teutonic origin, Hintermann graduated in law, then he enrolled the Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia in Rome. Graduated in 1949, the same year he debuted in a secondary role in the Domenico Paolella's short film Terra amara, then he appeared in a large number of movies and TV-series, even if usually in character roles. He was also active on stage, in which he debuted in 1957 with a series of monologues that earned him a writing by Vittorio Gassman for Irma la Douce and later for O Cesare o nessuno; notably, he got a personal success with the recital Milanin Milanon, alongside Milly Monti. He died due to an accident, run over by a car, in Acireale,a few hours after a theatrical performance in Catania.
- My Beautiful Daughter (1950)
- Ombre sul Canal Grande (1951)
- Half a Century of Song (1952)
- Il viale della speranza (1953)
- Attila (1954)
- Violenza sul lago (1954)
- Pirate of the Half Moon (1957)
- Rascel-Fifì (1957)
- The Mighty Crusaders (1958)
- A Breath of Scandal (1960)
- Avenger of the Seven Seas (1961)
- Women of Devil's Island (1962)
- La Cittadella (1964)
- Operation Atlantis (1965)
- Z7 Operation Rembrandt (1966)
- Last Man to Kill (1966)
- Wanted (1967)
- Desert Commandos (1967)
- I barbieri di Sicilia (1967)
- Tiffany Memorandum (1967)
- A Black Veil for Lisa (1968)
- Il segno del comando (1971)
- Eyes Behind the Stars (1978)
- Enrico Lancia, Roberto Poppi. Dizionario del cinema italiano: Gli artisti. Gli attori dal 1930 ai giorni nostri. Gremese Editore, 2003. ISBN 88-7742-261-0.
- Peppino Ortoleva, Barbara Scaramucci. Le Garzantine - Radio. Garzanti Libri, 2003. ISBN 881150497X.
- R.D.G. (8 January 1988). "Hintermann è morto in Sicilia". La Repubblica. p. 24.