Brown warms up before a Golden State Warriors preseason game in October 2012.
|Born||October 4, 1989|
|Listed height||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Listed weight||216 lb (98 kg)|
|High school||Martin Luther King|
|NBA draft||2012 / Undrafted|
|Position||Point guard / Shooting guard|
|2012–2013||Santa Cruz Warriors|
|2013–2014||Hapoel Tel Aviv|
|Career highlights and awards|
Carlon Michael Brown (born October 4, 1989) is an American former professional basketball player. He played college basketball for Utah and Colorado before playing professionally in Israel and Germany. Standing at 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m), he played at the point guard and shooting guard positions.
Brown attended Martin Luther King High School in Riverside, California. In high school, he was named the Riverside County Player of the Year, he was a two-time All-County Selection and MVP, and he was named Second Team All-State. He also won two Ivy League titles.
Brown played college basketball at the University of Utah with the Utah Utes, and at the University of Colorado, with the Colorado Buffaloes. While at Utah, he was twice named All-Mountain West Conference Honorable Mention, in 2009 and 2010.
In the Pac-12 Conference Tournament in 2012, Brown was named the tournament's Most Outstanding Player, as Colorado won the tournament, and advanced to the NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament. He was also named to the All-Pac-12 Second Team in 2012.
On September 26, 2012, Brown signed with the NBA's Golden State Warriors. However, he was waived on October 24. On November 8, 2012, Brown joined the NBA D-League's Santa Cruz Warriors, as an affiliate player. On January 2, 2013, he was traded to the Idaho Stampede.
On February 14, 2019, Brown announced his retirement from playing professional basketball.
Awards and accomplishments
- 2x All-Mountain West Conference Honorable Mention: (2009, 2010)
- All-Pac-12 Conference Second Team: (2012)
- Pac-12 Conference Tournament All-Tournament Team: (2012)
- Pac-12 Conference Tournament Most Outstanding Player: (2012)
- NBA D-League All-Rookie Third Team: (2013)
- CUBuffs.com #30 Carlon Brown Bio High School:
- Warriors Sign Four Free Agents.
- Warriors Waive Brown, Goulbourne, Jackson and Kinsey.
- Santa Cruz Warriors Announce Training Camp Roster. Archived 2013-10-26 at the Wayback Machine
- STAMPEDE TRADE FOR BROWN, DRAFT PICK. Archived 2014-07-14 at the Wayback Machine
- Hapoel Tel Aviv signs Carlon Brown.
- Basket.co.il 2013-14 Season > Regular Season > Statistics - Leaders Points.
- Brown und Kramer für die Brose Baskets Archived 2014-07-20 at the Wayback Machine (in German)
- Bamberg's Carlon Brown will have knee surgery in USA
- ratiopharm Ulm gets guard Brown
- "Buffaloes hero Carlon Brown retires from basketball". ralphiereport.com. February 14, 2019. Retrieved February 14, 2019.