This article may contain excessive or inappropriate references to self-published sources. (July 2008)
Carlos is Carlos Anderson, founder of Grupo Anderson's, who died in a 1990 plane crash, and Charlie is Charles Skipsey, his business partner. The company, founded in 1963, says that their more than 50 restaurants makes it Mexico's largest restaurateur. In addition to Carlos'n Charlie's, Grupo Anderson's has the Señor Frog's chain, along with other similarly-branded restaurants/bars like Carlos O'Brians and El Squid Roe.
Carlos'n Charlie's restaurants averaged $3.6 million in 2005 with an average check of $22.50. They expected sales to grow from $105 million to $112 million in 2006.
The restaurant in Oranjestad, Aruba became a location of interest in the investigation of the disappearance of Natalee Holloway in 2005. Holloway was last seen leaving the establishment by her friends. Three years after Holloway's disappearance, the restaurant was closed and a nearby location in Palm Beach was opened under the sister brand of Señor Frog's.
- "Carlos'n Charlie's Company Management Team". Grupo Anderson's. Archived from the original on 2010-09-19. Retrieved 2010-09-12.
- "Grupo Anderson's History". Grupo Anderson's. Archived from the original on 2011-05-26. Retrieved 2010-09-12.
- Dolan, Kerry A. (2005-09-19). "Entrepreneurs: Fiesta Central" (PDF). Forbes. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2006-05-18. Retrieved 2006-08-20.
- "Carlos'n Charlie's Company Profile". Grupo Anderson's. Archived from the original on 2011-07-08. Retrieved 2006-08-20.
- "Carlos'n Charlie's Press Kit" (PDF). Grupo Anderson's. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2006-06-20. Retrieved 2006-08-20.
- "Contact (English)". Grupo Anderson's. Retrieved 2023-06-09.
Blvd. Puerto Cancún, Centro Corporativo Diomeda, 7 floor Puerto Cancun, 77500 Cancn, Q.R.- Address in Spanish: "Blvd. Puerto Cancún, Centro Corporativo NID, Puerto Cancún, 77500 Cancún, Q.R. "
- "Lawyer: Missing Alabama teen went to beach with men before she disappeared". Court TV. 2005-06-10. Archived from the original on 2008-03-24. Retrieved 2008-05-19.