This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Carlos Roberto Baute Jiménez
March 8, 1974
|Occupation||Singer-songwriter, television host, actor|
|Labels||Warner Music Spain|
Carlos Roberto Baute Jiménez (born March 8, 1974, in Caracas, Venezuela), best known simply as Carlos Baute, is a Venezuelan singer-songwriter and television host. His music is mostly in the Latin pop genre, with some ballads and Bachata.
He is the son of Alfonso Baute and Clara Jiménez and he is of Spanish (his father is from Tenerife and his maternal great-grandparents are from Galicia), Cuban (his maternal grandmother) and Venezuelan descent. Baute's surname is of Guanches origin, the indigenous Berber peoples of the Canary Islands in Spain.
In 1987 At age 13, he joined Los Chamos, which released an album entitled Con un poco de Amor in 1990. He worked as a model and released his first solo album titled Orígenes I in 1994. He acted in the Venezuelan telenovela, Destino de Mujer (1997), as Pedro José, a swimming instructor.
With the album Yo nací para querer... (1999), he moved to Spain and had much success with all his albums. He acted in the television series Aladinna (TVE), Mis Adorables Vecinos (Antena 3) and was the host of Gala Miss España, Gala IB3, and Gala Fin de Año de TVE1.
Baute has released six albums, including a greatest hits album. On April 1, 2008, he released De Mi Puño y Letra, which included "Colgando en tus manos". He released two versions, one solo and one with Marta Sánchez. The duet rose to the top of the charts in many Spanish-speaking countries worldwide.
Although well known in many Hispanic countries, he has not crossed over into many other markets.
He now lives in Spain and has Spanish citizenship.
By March 2014, during the Venezuelan riots, he released a music video asking for "Respect" amongst citizens of different political sides. In the video "Que tu voz sea mi voz", Baute appears with the national flag painted on his face.
By June 2012 Carlos Baute married the Venezuelan model Astrid Klisans.
Carlos Baute has a son called José Daniel Arellán. Baute was urged to recognize the legal paternity of José Daniel in November 2012 in the event that a Spanish court rules against Baute's claims of not being the father of José Daniel. José Daniel Arellán is son of Carlos Baute and a Venezuelan girl called Náyera and he was born when Baute was 15 years-old.
Astrid had a son named Markuss on July 22, 2016, in Madrid.
During the Venezuelan presidential crisis, Baute stated his position of support for Juan Guaidó, saying he has not visited Venezuela for eight years after being blacklisted by the Maduro government.
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Certifications|
|1997||Orígenes II: Tambores||—|
|1999||Yo Nací para Querer||—|
|2001||Dame de Eso||—|
|2006||Grandes Éxitos (compilation)||16|
|2008||De Mi Puño y Letra||2|
|2009||Directo En Tus Manos (live)||6|
|2013||En el Buzón de tu Corazón||8|
|2019||De Amor y Dolor||8
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Album|
|2008||"Colgando en tus manos"
(featuring Marta Sánchez)
|1||De Mi Puño y Letra|
|2009||"Tu No Sabes que Tanto"||—|
|"Nada se compara a ti"
(featuring Franco de Vita)
|2010||"Quien te quiere como yo"||2||Amarte Bien|
|"Tu Cuerpo Bailando en mi Cuerpo"||—|
|2016||"Amor & dolor"
(featuring Alexis & Fido)
(featuring PISO 21)
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Album|
|2012||"Cuestión de Príoridades por el Cuerno de África"
(Melendi feat. Dani Martín, Pablo Alborán, La Dama, Rasel, Malu & Carlos Baute)
|"Me pones tierno"
(Rasel feat. Baute)
|"Las cosas que no me espero"
(Laura Pausini duet with Carlos Baute)
- Isolliet Iglesias, María (June 13, 2013). "Carlos Baute: Cuando se nace para querer la música". El Universal. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved March 9, 2019.
- Tejeda Rocha, Alejandro (November 2, 2012). "Carlos Baute y Laura Pausini, juntos en la canción 'Las cosas que no me espero'". Bekia (in Spanish). Noxvo. Retrieved March 9, 2019.
- "Carlos Baute: "Gracias a España yo sobreviví"". El Universal (in Spanish). February 21, 2011. Archived from the original on August 27, 2014. Retrieved August 26, 2014.
- "El cantante Carlos Baute compone una canción para Venezuela". El País (in Spanish). March 7, 2014. Retrieved March 9, 2019.
- "Así es Astrid Klisans, la esposa de Carlos Baute". Informe21 (in Spanish). July 7, 2014. Retrieved March 9, 2019.
- Calleja, Kike (November 28, 2012). "Carlos Baute reconoce como hijo a un joven de 23 años días antes de que se celebre el juicio". El Confidencial (in Spanish). Titania Compañía Editorial, S.L. Retrieved March 9, 2019.
- "Primicia: Carlos Baute y Astrid Klisans bautizan a su hijo Markuss". ¡Hola! (in Spanish). September 18, 2016. Retrieved March 9, 2019.
- Brunetti, Cristina (January 25, 2019). "Carlos Baute, Alejandro Sanz...Los artistas que reconocen a Juan Guaidó como presidente de Venezuela". El Mundo. Retrieved March 14, 2020.
- "Search for: Carlos Baute – discography". spanishcharts.com/. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016.
- "Top 100 Albumes – Semana 7: del 8.2.2019 al 14.2.2019" (in Spanish). Productores de Música de España. Retrieved February 20, 2019.