Carlos Borja (soccer)
|Full name||Carlos Roberto Borja Baltazar|
|Date of birth||January 18, 1988|
|Place of birth||Orange, California, United States|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|2004–2005||IMG Soccer Academy|
|2011–2012||Los Angeles Blues||36||(0)|
|2004–2005||United States U17||25||(0)|
|2004–2006||United States U20||6||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of March 28, 2014|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of July 17, 2012
Borja, who is of Mexican American descent, came up through the youth system of Cruz Azul, earning an invite after impressing at a tournament. He also spent time with the Irvine Strikers and at the Bradenton Academy.
In late July 2006 he was signed to a developmental contract by Chivas USA. He played for Mexican parent club Chivas Guadalajara's affiliate team CD Tapatio in the Primera División A, before returning to Chivas USA in 2010. He made his professional debut for Chivas on April 24, 2010 in a game against the San Jose Earthquakes. In 2011, he joined Los Angeles Blues and remained at the club for two years before returning to Chivas USA for the 2013 season. Borja was waived by Chivas USA on March 27, 2014.
- Carlos Roberto Borja Baltazar complete profile on Playerhistory
- Official Chivas website
- El Informador
- "Medio Tiempo". Archived from the original on 2012-07-19. Retrieved 2009-04-07.
- Sports Illustrated
- Chivas hold off Quakes 3-2 for much-needed win Archived April 27, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-04-02. Retrieved 2014-03-28.
|This biographical article related to an American soccer defender is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|