Carlos Gruezo (footballer, born 1995)
|Full name||Carlos Armando Gruezo Arboleda|
|Date of birth||19 April 1995|
|Place of birth||Santo Domingo, Ecuador|
|Height||1.71 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Unión Deportiva Juvenil|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12 February 2021 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 25 June 2019 (UTC)
Carlos Armando Gruezo Arboleda (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈkaɾlos ˈɣɾweso]; born 19 April 1995) is an Ecuadorian footballer who plays as a midfielder for Bundesliga club FC Augsburg and the Ecuador national team. He is the son of Carlos Armando Gruezo Quiñónez.
Gruezo went on trial for VfB Stuttgart in their pre season friendlies in South Africa. On 30 January 2014, he signed a four-year contract with Stuttgart. He scored his first goal for the club in a 4–1 victory over Freiburg on 28 November 2014, becoming the first Ecuadorian to score in the Bundesliga. In 2015 however, he lost his spot in the starting lineup and only had a few more appearances for Stuttgart.
Gruezo made his debut for the Ecuador national football team on 17 May 2014, coming in as a second-half substitute for Christian Noboa against the Netherlands. On 6 June, he was named in Ecuador's squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- Scores and results list Ecuador's goal tally first.
|1.||12 November 2020||Estadio Hernando Siles, La Paz, Bolivia||Bolivia||3–2||3–2||2022 FIFA World Cup qualification|
- As of 10 March 2019
- Serie A de Ecuador: 2012
- "El debut de Gruezo emocionó a su padre". El Comercio.
- "Carlos GRUEZO". FIFA. Archived from the original on June 21, 2014. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-02-02. Retrieved 2014-01-24.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Gruezo makes the move to VfB". vfb.de. VfB Stuttgart. January 30, 2014. Archived from the original on February 2, 2014. Retrieved January 30, 2014.
- "STUTTGART RISE ON STEVENS' RETURN". bundesliga.com. 28 November 2014. Archived from the original on 19 December 2014. Retrieved 29 November 2014.
- "Carlos Gruezo wechselt in die USA" [Carlos Gruezo goes to the USA]. vfb.de. VfB Stuttgart. 23 January 2016. Archived from the original on 30 January 2016. Retrieved 23 January 2016.
- "FCA verpflichtet Gruezo" (in German). FC Augsburg. 2 July 2019. Retrieved 2 July 2019.
- "Ecuador squad for 2014 World Cup: the 23 chosen by Reinaldo Rueda". The Guardian. 6 June 2014. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- Carrick, Buzz; USA, Dallas News (6 March 2019). "FC Dallas Practice Observations: March 6th".
- Carlos Gruezo at Soccerway
- Carlos Gruezo – FIFA competition record (archived)
- Carlos Armando Gruezo Arboleda at ecuafutbol.org at the Wayback Machine (archived 7 February 2012)