March 20, 1963 |
Buenos Aires, Argentina
|Occupation||Journalist and news anchor|
Before joining CNN, Montero worked as host of Buenos Días América and América Noticias in América Televisión since 1994. He was also producer and reporter of the news department of the American Spanish-language network Univisión from 1992 to 1994 and correspondent of the Argentine channel Telefé. In 1996 he joined de defunct channel NBC Canal de Noticias.
Montero is one of the members of the original staff of CNN en Español in its inception in 1997. He anchored de defunct morning news program Al Día and since 2010 is anchoring Café CNN and regular analyst in CNN International.
- The 1993 World Trade Center bombing.
- The peace treaty between Israel and Palestine.
- The 1993 Guatemalan constitutional crisis.
- The Lewinsky scandal and subsequent Impeachment of Bill Clinton.
- The 1996 Republican National Convention.
- The death and funeral of Diana, Princess of Wales.
- Several elections in the United States.
- The Iraq War
- The 2004 Madrid train bombings
- Carlos Menem
- Andrés Pastrana
- Vicente Fox
- Al Gore
- Colin Powell
- Rigoberta Menchú
- Adolfo Pérez Esquivel
- Fernando Lugo
|This article about an Argentine journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|