Carlos Ruspoli, 3rd Duke of Alcudia and Sueca
|Carlos Ruspoli y Álvarez de Toledo|
|Born||1 March 1858
|Died||10 November 1936
1st María del Carmen Caro y Caro2nd Josefa Pardo y Manuel de Villena
|Family||House of Ruspoli|
Don Carlos Luis (Carlo Luigi) Ruspoli y Álvarez de Toledo, de Godoy (di Bassano) y Silva-Bazán, dei Principi Ruspoli (Madrid, 1 March 1858 – assassinated in the Spanish Civil War in Madrid, 10 November 1936) was an Italian and Spanish aristocrat, son of Adolfo Ruspoli y Godoy, 2nd Duke of Alcudia, and wife Dona Rosalia Álvarez de Toledo y Silva-Bazán, de Palafox-Portocarrero y Téllez-Girón.
He was 3rd Duke of Sueca (Letter of 31 March 1887), 3rd Duke of Alcudia (Letter of 25 February 1915), with a Coat of Arms of de Godoy, and 17th Count of Chinchón with a Coat of Arms of de Borbón (Letter of 31 March 1887), three times Grandee of Spain First Class and 4th Count of Évoramonte in Portugal de Juro e Herdade with Honours of Relative both in succession of his father, Senator of the Realm by his own right, etc.
Marriages and children
He married firstly at San Sebastián, on 5 December 1896, his cousin Doña María del Carmen Caro y Caro, Álvarez de Toledo y Gomurcio (Madrid, 18 May 1856/1865 – Madrid, 24 April 1907), daughter of Don Carlos Caro y Álvarez de Toledo, de Salas y Palafox, Count of Caltavuturo and wife and cousin Doña María de la Encarnación Caro y Gomurcio, Caro y Ugarte-Barrientos, both of the Dukes of Montalto, Marquisses of La Romana, etc., descendants of Pedro Caro y Sureda, 3rd marqués de La Romana, and had three children:
- Doña Rosalía Blanca Ruspoli y Caro, Álvarez de Toledo y Caro, dei Principi Ruspoli (Paris, 5 August 1898 – Madrid, 28 June 1926), married at San Sebastián, 16 July 1921 as his first wife her cousin Don Alfonso (Alonso) Cristiano Álvarez de Toledo y Mencos, de Samaniego y Rebolledo (Madrid, 28 November 1896 – Madrid, 2 April 1990), 4th Duke of Zaragoza, 11th Marquess of San Felices de Aragón (Royal Letter of San Sebastián, 16 June 1921), 10th Marquess of Casa Pontejos, 8th Marquess of Lazán, 7th Marquess of Miraflores, 12th Count of Los Arcos, 11th Count of Campo Eril, Grandee of Spain First Class, with a Coat of Arms of Roger de Eril, and had an only daughter
- Doña María del Rosario Ignacia Álvarez de Toledo y Ruspoli, de Mencos y Caro, 11th Marchioness Casa Pontejos (Madrid, 5 November 1923 – 2017), unmarried and without issue
- Doña María de la Encarnacion Ruspoli y Caro, Álvarez de Toledo y Caro, dei Principi Ruspoli (Madrid, 5 May 1900 – Madrid, 14 February / 5 July 1965), married in Madrid, 16/26 April 1930 Don Mariano del Prado y O'Neill, de Lisboa y Salamanca (Madrid, 15 September 1901 – Madrid, 18 October 1963), 9th Marquess of Acapulco, 10th Marquess of Caicedo 3rd Marquess of Ogijares, 3rd Marquess of Rincon de San Ildefonso and 3rd Count of Buelna, and had seven sons:
- Doña Maria del Carmen del Prado y Ruspoli (1931) She married Don Antonio Zaldó Muriedas. With issue.
- Don Mariano del Prado y Ruspoli (1933- 1989), X Marquess of Acapulco and IV Count of Buelna. He married Doña Maria Teresa Narváez y Melgar. With issue
- Don Carlos del Prado y Ruspoli, XI Marquess of Caicedo. He married Camilla Jessel daughter of Lord Edward Jessel and Helen Vane-Tempest Stewart. With issue.
- Don Jaime del Prado y Ruspoli (1936-1991) IV Marquess of Ogijares. He married Irene Martínez y Capriles. With issue.
- Doña Blanca del Prado y Ruspoli (1939). She married Don Alberto Olalquiaga y Soriano.
- Don José del Prado y Ruspoli (1966-2008), IV Marquess of Rincon de San Ildefonso. He married Carlota de Cendra y del Rivero of Marquisses of Casa López. With issue.
- Doña María Ignacia del Prado y Ruspoli (1945) She married Don Fermín Correas y Rosillo. With issue.
He married secondly in Madrid, 2 July 1911 Doña Josefa Pardo y Manuel de Villena (Madrid, 13 February 1869 – ?), widow of don José de Agrella y ..., ... y ..., daughter of Don Arturo Pardo y de Inchausti, ... y ..., 9th Consort Count of Via Manuel Grandee of Spain First Class, Knight of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta, maestrante of Zaragoza, and wife Dona María Isabel Manuel de Villena y Álvarez de las Asturias-Bohórques, de Bambalere y Guiráldez, 9th Countess of Via Manuel, 13th Marchioness of Rafal, Marchioness of Puebla de Rocamora, Countess of la Granja, 5th Baroness of Monte Villena, Grandee of Spain First Class, without issue.
- There is no report if this title remains to be used by the current representants of this House.
- Affonso, Domingos de Araújo and Valdez, Rui Dique Travassos, Livro de Oiro da Nobreza (3 volumes), Volume 1, p. 491-8, Lisbon, 1938
- Instituto de Salazar y Castro, Elenco de Grandezas y Titulos Nobiliarios Españoles, various (periodical publication)
- Marek, Miroslav. "Ruspoli de Godoy Genealogy". Genealogy.EU.
- Carlos Luis Ruspoli y Álvarez de Toledo on a genealogical site
|Duke of Alcudia
Carlota de Godoy
|Duke of Sueca