Carlos Wilson Cachicote Rocha
Rudy playing for Deportivo in 2013
|Full name||Carlos Wilson Cachicote da Rocha|
|Date of birth||1 May 1989|
|Place of birth||Oeiras, Portugal|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 1 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder / Forward|
|2013–2014||Deportivo La Coruña||18||(0)|
|2014||→ Belenenses (loan)||5||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20 April 2017.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 24 October 2015
Carlos Wilson Cachicote da Rocha (born 1 May 1989), commonly known as Rudy, is an Angolan professional footballer who plays for Cypriot club Doxa Katokopias F.C. as an attacking midfielder or a forward.
Born in Oeiras, Lisbon District, Rudy played lower league football until the age of 22, his first stop being with Sporting Clube Linda-a-Velha in the Lisbon regional championships. In 2011, he signed with Cercle Brugge KSV, scoring 13 goals in 33 games in his first season to help his team to the seventh position in the Belgian Pro League as well as the UEFA Europa League final playoff, lost to K.A.A. Gent; he found the net in only his second appearance, a 1–1 home draw against R.A.E.C. Mons.
In August 2014, Rudy's Deportivo contract was cancelled by mutual consent and he moved to Greek side Skoda Xanthi FC. Late in the year, he returned to the land of his ancestors and joined C.R.D. Libolo.
In July 2014, Rudy was asked to switch his international allegiance to Angola. He made his international debut in a friendly with Ethiopia on 3 August, playing the final 30 minutes in a 1–0 win at the Estádio 11 de Novembro.
- "Cercle Brugge speelt Rudy kwijt" [Cercle Brugge risks losing Rudy] (in Dutch). Voetbal België. 9 August 2012. Retrieved 10 July 2014.
- "Rudy, presentado como nuevo jugador del Deportivo" [Rudy, presented as new Deportivo player]. La Voz de Galicia (in Spanish). 23 July 2013. Retrieved 10 July 2014.
- "El Deportivo y Rudy acuerdan la rescisión de su contrato" [Deportivo and Rudy agree to cancel his contract]. Marca (in Spanish). 22 August 2014. Retrieved 23 December 2014.
- "Angola: Rudy assina pelo Recreativo do Libolo" [Angola: Rudy signs for Recreativo do Libolo]. Record (in Portuguese). 27 December 2014. Retrieved 5 February 2015.
- "Angola pick several new faces for upcoming friendlies". BBC Sport. 23 May 2014. Retrieved 10 July 2014.
- Mark Gleeson (26 July 2014). "Angola extend their pool of talent ahead of Afcon qualifiers". BBC Sport. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Angola vs. Ethiopia (Friendly – 3.8.14)". African Soccer Weebly. 3 August 2014. Archived from the original on 14 August 2014. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- "Rudy debuta con Angola al participar 30 minutos en el triunfo sobre Etiopía" [Rudy debuts with Angola by participating with 30 minutes in the win over Ethiopia] (in Spanish). Deportivo La Coruña. 4 August 2014. Retrieved 19 August 2014.