Carlsbad Poinsettia station
|Amtrak and COASTER station|
6511 Avenida Encinas|
Carlsbad, CA 92009
|Owned by||North County Transit District|
|Line(s)||North County Transit District|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Fare zone||1 (COASTER)|
|Passengers (2015)||9,363 36.5%|
Carlsbad Poinsettia is one of two passenger rail stations serving the city of Carlsbad, California on North County Transit District's COASTER commuter rail line and formerly Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner line.
As previously mentioned, the station is one of two passenger rail stations serving the city of Carlsbad, California. The other station known as Carlsbad Village station is located about five miles to the north in the downtown Carlsbad area, and is also served by the COASTER commuter rail line. This station meanwhile serves the Poinsettia and La Costa communities of Carlsbad. Carlsbad Poinsettia Station is located 3.8 miles away from the LEGOLAND California Theme Park and 4.1 miles from McClellan-Palomar Airport. North County Transit District provides their BREEZE bus service in order to get to these locations from the station, and the same happens vice versa.
Due to a LOSSAN project, the station is currently undergoing a major renovation that is set to be completed in 2020 with a budget of $33.7 million dollars. The project involves the lengthening of the platforms to 1,000 feet, relocating the tracks, creating a new fence barrier inside the station, and adding a pedestrian underpass to replace the two pedestrian grade crossings located at either end of the station.
Platforms and tracks
|Northbound||■ Pacific Surfliner||toward San Luis Obispo, limited service (Carlsbad Village)|
|■ Coaster||toward Oceanside Transit Center (Carlsbad Village)|
|Southbound||■ Pacific Surfliner||toward San Diego-Union Station, limited service (Encinitas)|
|■ Coaster||toward San Diego-Union Station (Encinitas)|
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2015, State of California" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2015. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Amtrak Pacific Surfliner Adds Four New stops" (Press release). Amtrak. September 18, 2013.
- Diehl, Phil (September 21, 2017). "Amtrak to discontinue two stops, add one". San Diego Union Tribune. Retrieved September 30, 2017.
- Media related to Carlsbad Poinsettia (Amtrak station) at Wikimedia Commons
- COASTER Stations (including Carlsbad Poinsettia)
- Pacific Surfliner Schedule effective April 1, 2013
|This California train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|