|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012)|
|Born||Kyle Carlson, Lane Carlson
December 24, 1978
Stillwater, Minnesota, United States
|Measurements||Weight: 175 lbs
The twins were born in Stillwater, Minnesota, United States, Kyle six minutes after Lane. The Carlson twins grew up with two older siblings, Aaron and Michelle, and a younger sister, Lynnaya. The brothers attended Stillwater High School and both graduated from Winona State University.
The brothers began their modeling career when Lane was "discovered" in a mall in La Crosse, Wisconsin.[when?] The twins have since become internationally successful models. As with the Brewer twins, the Carlson twins first received public attention after modeling naked for photographer Bruce Weber.
The Carlson twins have worked for Armani, Out magazine and Abercrombie and Fitch, with the popularity of the twins increasing after they appeared together in Abercrombie and Fitch's now discontinued catalog, A&F Quarterly (Spring Break 2001). At the peak of their careers, the Carlson twins frequently worked as underwear models, with Calvin Klein reputedly preferring Kyle to front the company's underwear campaigns.
- "Welcome to the official Carlson Twins website!". http://www.thecarlsontwins.com. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "BIOGRAPHY: Carlson Twins (Kyle and Lane)". http://www.mostbeautifulman.com. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "About Us: What Kyle and Lane Carlson have in common". http://www.thecarlsontwins.com. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "The Carlson Twins - about us". Official site of The Carlson Twins. Retrieved 2008-11-20.
- Rebecca Alexander (24 September 2010). "NSFW: Abercrombie’s Nude Carlson Twins Return!!!". http://fashionindie.com. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "Bruce Weber Shot the Hortoneda Twins In Some Twincestuous Poses. Haven’t We Seen This Before?". Queerty. Queerty, Inc. 30 January 2010. Retrieved 28 April 2012.
- "OUT 2001: Cover Gallery". OUT Magazine. Here Media Inc. Retrieved 28 April 2012.
- Robert Heasley, Ph.D. "Crossing the Borders of Gendered Sexuality: Queer Masculinities of Straight Men" (Essay). p. 20. Retrieved 28 April 2012.
- "Brotherly Love". Fellowship: Magazine (New York Times). 1 July 2001. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "Fear Factor Rewind". Official NBC vault site. Retrieved 2010-12-28.
- Amy Sommer (11 April 2011). "Kyle Carlson's Top Five to Spruce up Your Home for Spring" (Article). http://www.westsidetoday.com. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "More at IMDbPro » Deserving Design (2007–". http://www.imdb.com/. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- JD FERGUSON (24 April 2008). "Kyle Carlson". JDVISION. Retrieved 26 April 2012.