|Subsidiary of Dunlop Slazenger|
Carlton Sports became a subsidiary group of Dunlop Slazenger International located in Greenville, South Carolina, which is now owned by Sports Direct. Most of the research is done at the Carlton Research and Development Centre in Camberley, England.
Throughout its history the company has introduced a number of advances to the manufacture of badminton equipment. These include:
- First to make an injection molded shuttle
- First to create a synthetic base
- First to design and make all-metal racquets
- First to use stainless steel in the manufacture of racquets
- First to make a truly one-piece racquet (Powerflo Series)
- First to design a flex system between shaft and handle
- First to make a one-shot injection molded shuttle skirt
The company claims to have sold more nylon shuttlecocks than any other company around the globe.
|This article about a corporation or company involved in entertainment, leisure, sports and/or tourism is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|