Carlyle Township, Clinton County, Illinois
Location in Clinton County
Clinton County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1873|
|• Total||20.67 sq mi (53.5 km2)|
|• Land||17.83 sq mi (46.2 km2)|
|• Water||2.84 sq mi (7.4 km2) 13.74%|
|Elevation||449 ft (137 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||3,863|
|• Density||220.5/sq mi (85.1/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 20.67 square miles (53.5 km2), of which 17.83 square miles (46.2 km2) (or 86.26%) is land and 2.84 square miles (7.4 km2) (or 13.74%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Carlyle (vast majority)
The township contains these cemeteries: Carlyle City Cemetery, Club Lake Grave Yard, Golder Grave Yard, Luebbers Grave Yard (now flooded), McAllister Grave Yard, Poor Farm Cemetery and St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery.
- Carlyle Lake 
- Horseshoe Lake
- Clinton County Fairgrounds
- Eldon Hazlet State Recreation Area
- Royal Lake Resort (northeast quarter)
- Carlyle Community Unit School District 1
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 107
- State Senate District 54
- "Carlyle Township, Clinton County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-08-01. Retrieved 2010-11-10.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-11-24. Retrieved 2010-11-10.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.