Carmageddon TDR 2000
|Carmageddon TDR 2000|
Cover art of the European Windows version
|Publisher(s)||Sales Curve Interactive (EU)
Xicat Interactive (NA)
Carmageddon TDR 2000 (also known as Carmageddon: Total Destruction Racing 2000 or Carmageddon 3: TDR 2000 in North America), is an vehicular combat video game. The sequel to Carmageddon II: Carpocalypse Now, it was developed by Torus Games and released in the United Kingdom on September 1, 2000, and on December 14 in North America.
The title is a homage to the inspiration for the Carmageddon series, Death Race 2000. As with the other games in the series, one of the most controversial aspects was that pedestrians could be killed by immolation (being set on fire) or graphic collisions that could include dismemberment. In some countries, the human pedestrians were replaced with zombies - actually only changing the red blood to green slime - but patches were circulated on the internet that reverted the game to its original state.
While still part of the game series' canon, the gameplay was not a significant advancement on the original, which resulted in poor sales for the game and blurred the chances of a 4th installment of the series. However, almost 12 years later, a long-awaited 4th installment of the series was announced on the official site, called Carmageddon: Reincarnation.
During development of TDR 2000, SCi hired Tozzer.com to create an online comic based on the Carmageddon video game.
The Nosebleed Pack was the official expansion pack for TDR2000 adding new vehicles, environments, powerups and improved multiplayer modes with extra maps. It was later released as a free patch. The soundtrack is by Plague and Utah Saints.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-06-13. Retrieved 2011-06-09.
- Tozzer - the kid, the comic, the movies, the mayhem
- "Carmageddon 3: TDR 2000 for PC". GameRankings. Retrieved 2014-01-02.
- "Carmageddon 3: TDR 2000 Critic Reviews for PC". Metacritic. Retrieved 2014-01-02.
- Grbavcic, Dejan "Dex" (2000-09-22). "Carmageddon TDR 2000 Review". ActionTrip. Archived from the original on 2014-01-02. Retrieved 2014-01-02.
- Allen, Christopher. "Carmageddon 3: TDR 2000 - Review". AllGame. Archived from the original on 2014-11-15. Retrieved 2014-11-22.
- Wolpaw, Erik (2000-12-15). "Carmageddon 3: TDR 2000 Review". GameSpot. Retrieved 2014-01-02.
- Butts, Stephen (2000-12-04). "Carmageddon 3: TDR 2000". IGN. Retrieved 2014-01-02.
- "Carmageddon 3: TDR 2000". PC Gamer. 2001.
- Woods, Dave (2001-08-13). "PC Review: Carmageddon Tdr 2000". PC Zone. Retrieved 2014-01-02.[dead link]
- Wen, Howard (2001-01-29). "Blood on the Asphalt". Playboy. Archived from the original on 2003-02-05. Retrieved 2014-01-02.