Carmel Highlands, California
|Elevation||318 ft (97 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||1759219|
Carmel Highlands is an unincorporated community in Monterey County, California, United States. It is 3.5 miles (5.6 km) south of Carmel-by-the-Sea (better known as simply, "Carmel"), at an elevation of 318 feet (97 m). Carmel Highlands is also located just south of the Point Lobos State Reserve, and serves as the northern gateway of the Big Sur coastline along California State Route 1. The real estate in this entire area is some of the most expensive in the United States. Many celebrities have homes and vacation homes in this area. The ZIP Code is 93923, and the community is inside area code 831.
Carmel Highlands was laid out in 1916 by developers Frank Powers and Franklin Devendorf.
- "Carmel Highlands". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Clovis, Calif.: Word Dancer Press. p. 881. ISBN 1-884995-14-4.
- "Monterey County Supervisorial District 5 Map (North District 5)" (PDF). County of Monterey. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- "Statewide Database". UC Regents. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- "California's 20th Congressional District - Representatives & District Map". Civic Impulse, LLC. Retrieved September 24, 2014.
|This Monterey County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|