Carmel Mountain Ranch, San Diego
|Carmel Mountain Ranch, San Diego|
|Community of San Diego|
|Caramel Mountain Ranch|
Carmel Mountain Ranch and neighborhood boundaries
|Country||United States of America|
Carmel Mountain Ranch, sometimes shortened to simply Carmel Mountain, such as on maps, or abbreviated to CMR by local residents and organizations, is a community of San Diego, California, United States, in the northeastern part of the city. Despite its name, Carmel Mountain Ranch is actually in the shadow of Black Mountain. Carmel Mountain proper is about 10 miles west of the Carmel Mountain Ranch neighborhood.
Several shopping centers are located adjacent to one another:
- Carmel Mountain Plaza
- Carmel Mountain Ranch Town Center
- Carmel Mountain Ranch Home Center
- Price Plaza
- The Courtyard at Carmel Mountain Ranch
- Carmel Mountain Ranch Country Club
The 15 runs along the western edge of Carmel Mountain, and a noticeable stone marker, complete with sign and flags, is visible from the northbound lanes to act as a gateway immediately before the Carmel Mountain Road exit, which is the primary road serving the community. The eastern terminus of the 56 becomes Ted Williams Parkway as it enters the community; however, it retains its freeway characteristics until it crosses Rancho Carmel Drive.
There are local bus routes. While Carmel Mountain does not share in the name, the Sabre Springs / Penasquitos Transit Station, which provides direct access to the managed express lanes on the 15, is adjacent to the community.
Every year the local Chamber of Commerce, headquartered within the community, hosts a fall festival at which local businesses, community organizations, and school representatives set up information booths and interact with attendees.
Fairway Village, a neighborhood division of Carmel Mountain Ranch running east-to-west on Stoney Gate Place, parallel to Ted Williams Parkway and crossed by Shoal Creek Drive, presents an annual Christmas light show called "Holiday Magic at Fairway Village." The neighborhood lights more than 85 homes from December 1 to January 1. Each year on the Saturday before Christmas, the neighborhood holds an evening block party that is open to the public, where visitors can walk through the neighborhood, enjoy the lights and festivities, and partake of snacks and hot drinks offered by many homes. This event has been featured in several San Diego Family magazine articles. The neighborhood is also very popular at Halloween due to it being a large cul-de-sac street with no hills.
Parks and recreation
Carmel Mountain Ranch Community Park is located just north of Ted Williams Parkway on Rancho Carmel Drive, just east of the 15. Highland Ranch Park is located north of Eastbourne Road and slightly northeast of Highland Ranch Road.
The Carmel Mountain Ranch Country Club sprawls much of the community and is available for golf tournaments, weddings, and other events.
There is a baseball league for kindergarten - 8th grade. There are also a youth basketball league and other recreational sports. 
- https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=Carmel+Mountain,+San+Diego,+California&sll=33.835293,-117.914504&sspn=0.276623,0.468979&ie=UTF8&cd=2&geocode=FTg-9wEdjJkF-Q&split=0&hq=&hnear=Carmel+Mountain,+San+Diego,+California&t=h&z=13 Google Maps view of the community
- https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Carmel+Mountain,+San+Diego,+CA&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=33.764224,60.029297&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Carmel+Mountain,+San+Diego,+California&ll=32.97184,-117.090461&spn=0.008731,0.014656&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=32.972053,-117.090346&panoid=YDwxSRffHyVgXt9kATZjmw&cbp=12,72.85,,1,2.69 Street View of the gateway marker
- bus routes through Carmel Mountain Ranch
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-01-30. Retrieved 2010-01-29.
- San Diego Family magazine