Carmel Valley AVA
The Carmel Valley AVA is an American Viticultural Area in Monterey County, California, east of Carmel-by-the-Sea. The AVA is home to a number of wineries and vineyards, as well as the town of Carmel Valley Village. Wineries with tasting rooms in Carmel Valley include Bernardus, Boëté, Boekenoogen, Chateau Sinnet, Folktale Winery and Vineyards, Galante, Georis, Joyce Vineyards, Heller Estate (Currently Massa. Formerly Durney), Holman Ranch, Joullian Vineyards, Talbott. The Monterey-Salinas Transit Route 24 public bus, named the Grapevine Express, runs through the Carmel Valley stopping at most of the tasting rooms.
County Route G16 runs through the valley while the Carmel River flows on the valley floor. The vineyards in the region are mostly located at 1,000 feet (300 m) above sea level or higher, where coastal fog and wind less influence the crops.
- ^ "§ 9.58 Carmel Valley" (Title 27: Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms; Part 9 — American Viticultural Areas; Subpart C — Approved American Viticultural Areas.). Code of Federal Regulations. January 19, 2008. Retrieved January 24, 2008.
- ^ a b c "AVA's (American Viticultural Area)" (Carmel Valley). Monterey Wine Country. 2008. Retrieved April 14, 2020.
- ^ a b c "Carmel Valley (AVA): Appellation Profile". Appellation America. 2007. Retrieved January 24, 2008.
- ^ "Wineries & Breweries". Carmel Valley Chamber of Commerce. Archived from the original on October 20, 2017.
- ^ "Route List". Monterey-Salinas Transit. Retrieved April 14, 2021.