Enabling Mutual Success
|Founder||Shlomo Dovrat, Avi Zeevi|
|AUM||USD 800 million|
Number of employees
Carmel Ventures, established in 2000, is an Israeli venture capital fund with over $800 million under management. Carmel is focused on early stage companies in the fields of Software, Internet, Media, Communications, Semiconductors, and Consumer Electronics.
Carmel Ventures is a member of the Viola Group, a private equity investment group with over $2B under management, focused on technology-based investment opportunities in Israel.
Avi Zeevi – General Partner, Co-founder. Veteran IT executive, with track record on global Fin-Tech ; A leading figure in the Israeli venture capital community.Leading Carmel’s investments in the FinTech and Software sectors
Ronen Nir - General Partner. Director and VP Product in Verint Systems; Project Team Manager in ECtel Ltd; elite Israeli Defense Forces' Intelligence Unit; Leading Carmel's investments in SaaS, Big Data, Cyber Security and Internet.
Daniel Cohen - General Partner. Was General Partner in Gemini Israel Ventures. Leading Carmel's investments in Digital Media, Gaming and Consumer Internet.
Itzik Avidor - CFO & Partner. Senior Audit Manager at Brightman Almagor & Co.
Active Portfolio Companies
|Company||Industry||Description||Initial Investment Date||Exit|
|Followap||Communications||Presence-based and Instant Messaging (IM) solutions to Mobile Operators||2001||Acquired by NeuStar in 2006 for $139M|
|Actimize||Enterprise Software||Brokerage compliance, anti-money laundering, and fraud prevention||2001||Acquired by NICE Systems in 2007 for $280M|
|ECI Telecom||Communications||Networking Infrastructure Equipment||2002||Acquired by Swarth Group in 2007 for $1.25B|
|CopperGate||Communications||Home Networking Company||2005||Acquired by Sigma Designs in 2009 for $180M|
|Snaptu||Mobile||Mobile Applications||2010||Acquired by Facebook in 2011 for $70M|
|Oversi Networks*Wanova||Communications||rich-media caching and content delivery solutions||2004||Acquired by Allot Communications in 2012 .|
|DesignArt Networks||Communications||Small cell modem and system design for cellular base stations||2005||Acquired by Qualcomm in 2012 .|
|Wanova||Communications||desktop virtualization software||2009||Acquired by VMWare in 2012.|
|Shunra Software||Software||Network virtualization solutions for software testing||2004||Acquired by HP in 2014.|
|Kontera||Digital Advertising||Content activation platform||2007||Acquired by Amobee in 2014 for $150M .|
|Red Bend Software||Software||Mobile Software Management (MSM)||2000||Acquired by Harman in 2015.|
|eXelate Media||Digital Advertising||Advertising Data||2007||Acquired by Nielsen N.V. in 2015.|
|cVidya Networks||Telecommunications||Revenue assurance, Fraud management,||2004||Acquired by Amdocs in 2016 for $30 million|
- "NeuStar Buys Followap for $139M". Light Reading. 28 Nov 2006.
- Nice Systems to acquire Actimize - Reuters, July 2, 2007, retrieved 2009-10-09
- Swarth Group purchases ECI
- Dean Takahashi (October 14, 2009). "Sigma Designs buys home-networking chip maker CopperGate for $160M". VentureBeat. Retrieved August 1, 2011.
- Arthur, Charles (21 March 2011). "Facebook buys mobile startup Snaptu: Social networking site's latest acquisition enables people to use smartphone-like applications on simpler 'feature' phones". The Guardian.
- Allot posts 43% revenue rise; buys Oversi Networks, Globes, 31 July 2012
- Shah, Agam (August 23, 2012). "Qualcomm Buys 'small Cell' Provider DesignArt Networks". IDG News Service. Retrieved June 6, 2014.
- HP acquired the network virtualization business and technology of Shunra
- Amobee Buys Adconion For $235M And Kontera For $150M In Consolidation Play
- Amdocs Completes Purchase of cVidya