|Born||23 April 1943|
|Occupation||Philanthropist, socialite, art dealer/collector|
|Known for||Miss Spain 1961|
(m. 1965; div. 1972)
(m. 1975; div. 1978)
(m. 1985; died 2002)
María del Carmen Rosario Soledad Cervera y Fernández de la Guerra, Dowager Baroness Thyssen-Bornemisza de Kászon et Impérfalva (German: María del Carmen Rosario Soledad Freifrau von Thyssen-Bornemisza de Kászon; born Barcelona, 23 April 1943), popularly known as Carmen "Tita" Cervera or Carmen "Tita" Thyssen, is a Spanish socialite, and art dealer and collector.
She was Miss Spain in 1961. She married firstly, as his fifth wife, on 6 March 1965 Lex Barker, secondly, in 1975 Espartaco Santoni, divorcing in 1978, and thirdly as his fifth wife, at Daylesford, Moreton-in-Marsh, Gloucestershire, on 16 August 1985, Baron Hans Heinrich Thyssen-Bornemisza.
None of her marriages had issue, but she had a son born out of wedlock, Alejandro (b. Madrid, 24 July 1980), with Manuel Segura. Hans Heinrich adopted her son, known as Alejandro Borja Thyssen-Bornemisza de Kászon et Impérfalva. As a widow, Carmen Cervera has also adopted two twin baby girls (born in 2007 in United States), called María del Carmen and Guadalupe Sabina in July 2007.
In 2013 and 2016 Cervera was exposed by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists for using complex offshore structures to gain tax advantages. Her spokesman stressed that she uses tax havens primarily because they give her "maximum flexibility" when she moves art from country to country.
She has been an art collector since the 1980s. Items from her collection can be seen at:
- the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum in Madrid, which includes 200 works from the Carmen Thyssen-Bornemisza Collection
- the Carmen Thyssen Museum in Málaga, which opened in 2011.
- Vanitatis (9 April 2014). "Las revistas de los miércoles". El Confidencial.
- "Secret Files Expose Offshore's Global Impact". International Consortium of Investigative Journalists. 3 April 2013. Archived from the original on 5 April 2013. Retrieved 6 April 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- (in Spanish) Díaz de Tuesta, M. José (31 May 2007), Del Thyssen a Nuevo Baztán, El País
- Brown, Mark (29 May 2012). "John Constable's The Lock to be sold at auction". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 23 June 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Garcia, Angeles. "Carmen Cervera: "No soy gastosa. Los ricos también están en crisis"" (in Spanish). Retrieved 23 June 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Constable's The Lock sells for £22m". The Guardian. London. 4 July 2012. Retrieved 4 July 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)