|Born||August 16, 1973 (age 43)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
|Spouse(s)||Jason Lee (1995–2001)|
She starred in the 1996 film Drawing Flies, a View Askew production directed by Matthew Gissing and Malcolm Ingram, and produced by Kevin Smith. She portrayed Kim in the 1997 film Chasing Amy directed by Kevin Smith; co-stars included Jason Lee, Ben Affleck, and Joey Lauren Adams. She appeared in the 2000 film Cowboys and Angels alongside actors Radha Mitchell and Mia Kirshner. She was the lead actress in Free opposite Corin Nemec, also starring Randall Batinkoff and Ione Skye.
In 1994, Llywelyn met Jason Lee, then a professional skateboarder. In 1995, the couple was married in a ceremony presided over by actor Bodhi Elfman. In March 2001, the couple lived together in Southern California. Llywelyn and Lee obtained a divorce in 2001. Lee stated of their separation, "Our breakup had nothing to do with Hollywood or my career."
Relationship with the Church of Scientology
Llywelyn was introduced to the Church of Scientology by her then-partner Jason Lee. According to Llywelyn, her resistance to becoming more involved with Scientology was a cause of problems in their relationship.
According to her account, when she revealed to her talent manager that she had read A Piece of Blue Sky, a book critical of the Church, she was labeled a Suppressive Person and shunned (or "disconnected") by her friends within the church. Llywelyn's manager, a member of the Church, also "disconnected" and allegedly convinced United Talent Agency to drop Llywelyn as a client.
She has stated the organization has harassed her pursuant to its Fair Game policy. Llwelyn reports being subjected to a campaign of surveillance and harassment. Writes Llwelyn: "Scientology has a sophisticated intelligence agency known as the Office of Special Affairs, which is essentially a complex system dedicated to ruining the lives of those it sees as enemies in any way possible. Those who work for the OSA do not follow the law."
|1996||Drawing Flies||Cassidy||Matthew Gissing, Malcolm Ingram|
|1997||Chasing Amy||Kim||Kevin Smith|
|A Better Place||Augustine||Vincent Pereira|
|1999||The Mod Squad||Alley Prostitute||Scott Silver|
|Never Been Kissed||Rob's Girlfriend||Raja Gosnell|
|2000||Cowboys & Angels||Dana||Gregory C. Haynes|
|2001||Free (Film)||Laura||Andrew Avery|
|Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back||Redhead Beauty||Kevin Smith|
Awards and nominations
|1998||MTV Movie Awards||Best Kiss (shared with Joey Lauren Adams)||Chasing Amy||Nominated|
- "Carmen Llywelyn - IMDb". IMDb. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- Lu, Anne (April 5, 2010). "Jason Lee's Ex-Wife Claims Scientology Ruined Her Life". All Headline News. www.allheadlinenews.com. Retrieved 2010-07-02.
- Heldman, Breanne L. (November 24, 2008). "Earl Star Jason Lee Adds Husband Moniker". E! Online. www.eonline.com. Retrieved 2010-07-02.
- Eisner, Ken (November 25, 1996). "Drawing Flies". Variety. Reed Elsevier Inc. p. 76.
- "IndieDVD Releases 'Lost' Kevin Smith Production Drawing Flies; Filmed Between 'Mallrats' and 'Chasing Amy' and Never Finished Until Now". Business Wire. Business Wire, Inc. February 12, 2002.
- Kleemann, Brian (April 18, 1997). "Characters chase sexuality, self-identity in 'Amy'". Sun Publications. Illinois. p. 5.
- Johnson, Malcolm (April 18, 1997). "'Chasing' is simply charming - A young man falls for wrong woman - She's a lesbian". The Hartford Courant. The Hartford Courant Co. p. E3.
- Vice, Jeff (February 9, 2001). "' Cowboys and Angels ' is a pretty sweet ride". The Deseret News. Salt Lake City, Utah: Deseret News Publishing Company. p. W05.
- Llywelyn, Carmen (June 23, 2015). "Why I Left Scientology". Gawker. Gawker Media. Archived from the original on 23 June 2015. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- Bryant, Adam (November 25, 2008). "Jason Lee's Name Is Married Man". TV Guide. www.tvguide.com. Retrieved 2010-07-02.
- "Jason Lee Latest Celeb to Reveal Secret Marriage". Fox News Channel. www.foxnews.com. November 25, 2008. Retrieved 2010-07-02.
- Westbrook, Bruce (March 14, 2001). "'Almost Famous' star keeps looking for box-office buzz". Houston Chronicle. p. 1.
- "tv today's: Star file Jason Lee". The Western Mail. April 10, 2008. p. 23.
- ""Earl", la bague au doigt !". Allocine (in French). www.allocine.fr. November 26, 2008. Retrieved 2010-07-02.
- Wolf, Jeanne (New York Times News Services) (September 11, 2002). "Skateboarding champion turns actor; He likes to grab plenty of sleep, but Jason Lee has career desires". The Record. Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. p. E4.
- Norville, Deborah (May 13, 2010). "Inside Edition". Global Broadcast Database. iNewsNetwork.
- Carmen Llywelyn (June 23, 2015). "Why I Left Scientology". Gawker. Archived from the original on 2016-04-30. Retrieved 2016-06-11.
- "Awards for Carmen Llywelyn". Internet Movie Database. IMDb.com, Inc. 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-02.
- Muir, John Kenneth (2002). An Askew View: The Films of Kevin Smith. Applause Books. pp. 85, 118, 137, 180, 182. ISBN 1-55783-586-1.