Carnaval (Ron Carter album)
|Live album by|
|Recorded||July 30, 1978|
|Venue||Live Under the Sky, Denen Colosseum, Tokyo, Japan|
|Ron Carter chronology|
|Hank Jones chronology|
Carnaval is a live album by bassist Ron Carter, pianist Hank Jones, saxophonist Sadao Watanabe and drummer Tony Williams which was recorded in Tokyo in 1978 and released on the Galaxy label in 1983.
The AllMusic review by Jim Todd called it "an exuberant, well-recorded set" and stated "There is generous solo space for all, with each tune getting a solid workout on this date that definitely manages to share with the listener the excitement generated by the quartet in Tokyo's Denen Coliseum".
- "Chelsea Bridge" (Billy Strayhorn) – 10:12
- "Manhã de Carnaval" (Luiz Bonfá, Antônio Maria) – 9:01
- "I'm Old Fashioned" (Jerome Kern, Johnny Mercer) – 8:18
- "Confirmation" (Charlie Parker) – 6:40
- "Moose the Mooche" (Parker) – 8:05
- Galaxy Records catalog accessed November 13, 2017
- David Edwards, Mike Callahan, Patrice Eyries, Randy Watts and Tim Neely Galaxy Album Discography accessed November 13, 2017
- The Great Jazz Trio catalog accessed November 13, 2017
- Todd, Jim. Ron Carter: Carnival – Review at AllMusic. Retrieved November 13, 2017.