Structure of carnitine acetyltransferase.
Carnitine O-palmitoyltransferase (also called carnitine palmitoyltransferase) is a mitochondrial transferase enzyme (EC 220.127.116.11) involved in the metabolism of palmitoylcarnitine into palmitoyl-CoA. A related transferase is carnitine acyltransferase.
Human forms of CPT
There are four different forms of CPT in humans:
- CPT1A - associated with Carnitine palmitoyltransferase I deficiency
- CPT2 - associated with Carnitine palmitoyltransferase II deficiency
- PDOC00402 - Acyltransferases ChoActase / COT / CPT family in PROSITE
- Choline/Carnitine o-acyltransferase family in Pfam
- UMich Orientation of Proteins in Membranes protein/pdbid-2h4t
- Carnitine O-Palmitoyltransferase at the US National Library of Medicine Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)
|This EC 2.3 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|