Carnival Breeze, in port of Monaco
|Owner:||Carnival Corporation & plc|
|Operator:||Carnival Cruise Line|
|Port of registry:||Panama|
|Maiden voyage:||June 3, 2012|
|In service:||June, 2012|
|Class and type:||Dream-class|
|Length:||306.02 m (1,004.0 ft)|
|Beam:||37.2 m (122 ft)|
|Draught:||8.20 m (26.9 ft)|
|Speed:||22.5 knots (41.7 km/h; 25.9 mph)|
Carnival Breeze is a Dream-class cruise ship of Carnival Cruise Line which entered service on June 3, 2012. From June to November 2012 she sailed out of Barcelona and Venice on Mediterranean cruises, and afterwards from Miami to the Caribbean and Bahamas. As of May 2016, she moved to Galveston replacing Carnival Magic. In April 2017 the Carnival Breeze entered dry dock, at the Grand Bahamas Shipyard, for the first time since entering service in 2012
Concept and construction
Carnival Breeze is the third and last Dream-class ship, with sisters ships Carnival Dream and Carnival Magic. Costa Crociere recently took delivery of its first Dream Class ship, Costa Diadema. Fincantieri Monfalcone in Italy is the builder. The Dream class vessels were the largest passenger ships ever built by Fincantieri at the time of their construction.
Carnival Breeze has the same design as her sisters, with a .4 mile exterior promenade, cantilevered whirlpools, and a 23,750 sq ft (2,206 m2) wellness facility. Other features are the WaterWorks aqua park with a 300-foot (91 m)-long corkscrew water slide called Twister and another called The Drainpipe, an indoor/outdoor café with live entertainment venue called Ocean Plaza, and a range of staterooms including deluxe ocean views with two bathrooms, some of which have five berths.
The ship's godmother is Tracy Wilson Mourning, a motivational speaker and founder of the Honey Shine girls' empowerment charity.
Carnival Breeze and her sisters have the widest variety of activity, dining and entertainment options of the entire fleet. She features a 5D Cinema called Thrill Theater, outdoor water park, Cloud 9 Spa, jogging track, fitness center, Seaside Theater, Red Frog Pub, Winner's Luck casino and bar, the Liquid Nightclub disco, Punchliner Comedy Club, Sport-square and Hasbro: The Game Show. Other features on Carnival Breeze include the Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse (reservations and fee required), Guy's Burger Joint, which offers burgers custom-created by Food Network chef Guy Fieri, a Comedy Brunch on sea days, the Cucina del Capitano, a family-style Italian eatery with an extensive night time menu (reservations and fee required) and a free lunch time pasta bar, the BlueIguana Cantina, a burrito and taco made-to-order eatery for both breakfast and lunch, and the Tandoor Indian restaurant.
In February 2018, Cruise Critic’s Annual Cruisers Choice Awards choose Carnival Breeze as Best Ship for Families. Besides, she earned Best Shore Excursion Honors.
Ports of call
Carnival Breeze is currently homeported in Galveston, Texas as of May 2016, and alternates between 7 day Western Caribbean cruises to Montego Bay, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel, Mexico, 7 day Western Caribbean cruises to Roatán, Belize, and Cozumel, Mexico; and 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruises to Key West, Florida, Freeport, Bahamas, and Nassau, Bahamas. 
- "Carnival Cruise Lines' New 130,000-Ton Ship to be Named Carnival Breeze" (Press release). Carnival Cruise Lines. 10 May 2010. Retrieved 18 September 2011.
- "Advanced Masterdata for the Vessel Carnival Breeze". VesselTracker. 2012. Retrieved 22 March 2012.
- "Carnival Breeze". Fincantieri. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- Asklander, Micke. "M/S Carnival Breeze (2012)". Fakta om Fartyg (in Swedish). Archived from the original on August 22, 2014. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "Costruzioni". Fincantieri.com. Retrieved 2013-02-15.
- https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/8232-tracy-wilson-mourning-to-serve-as-godmother-of-new-carnival-breeze.html Mourning
- "Carnival Cruise Line News". carnival-news.com. Retrieved 2018-03-14.
- "Carnival Vista Heads to Galveston, Carnival Breeze to Port Canaveral | Travel Agent Central". www.travelagentcentral.com. Retrieved 2018-01-18.
- "Carnival Cruise Line Moves Three of its Ships to New Homeports in 2018 | CruiseBe". CruiseBe. Retrieved 2018-01-22.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Carnival Breeze.|