This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Owner:||Carnival Corporation & plc|
|Sponsored by:||Jodi Dickinson|
|Class and type:||Fantasy-class cruise ship|
|Length:||855 ft (261 m)|
|Beam:||103 ft (31 m)|
|Draft:||7.80 m (25 ft 7 in)|
|Speed:||21 knots (39 km/h; 24 mph)|
Carnival Imagination (formerly Imagination) is a Fantasy-class cruise ship operated by Carnival Cruise Line. Built by Kværner Masa-Yards at its Helsinki New Shipyard in Helsinki, Finland, she was floated out on July 1, 1995, and christened Imagination by Jodi Dickinson. During 2007, in common with all of her Fantasy-class sisters, she had the prefix Carnival added to her name.
Currently, she sails three- and four-day itineraries from Long Beach, California, to Catalina Island, California, and to Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico, which begins on January 2014. 3 day cruises depart every Thursday, with a stop in Ensenada, Mexico, 4 day cruises depart every Sunday, with stops in Catalina Island, California and Ensenada, Mexico.
The ship underwent an extensive multi-million-dollar renovation in September 2016.
- Dynasty Lounge
- Curiosity Library
- City Sports Park (Mini Golf, Jogging Track)
- Mirage Piano Bar
- Camp Ocean
- Circle C
- El Dorado Casino
- Pride Dining Room
- Spirit Dining Room
- Dream Bar
- Shangri La
- Carnival Water Works
- Resort Style Pool
- Blue Iguana Grill
- Red Frog Rum Bar
- Blue Iguana Tequila Bar
- Guy's Burger Joint
- Spa Carnival
- Serenity Adults Only Retreat
- Grand Atrium Plaza and Bar
- Vittorio's Cafe
- Illusions Night Club
- Alchemy Bar (formerly Pinnacle Club)
- Xanadu Lounge (Punchliner Comedy Club)
- Horizon Bar & Grill
- Club O2
- Sped Bout Racing
- Dynasty Lounge: 1,200 maximum guests fixed theater, 1300 maximum guests reception, 300 maximum guests modified classroom
- Xanadu Lounge: 450 maximum guests theater, 200 maximum guests modified classroom, 540 maximum guests reception
- Dance Club: 140 maximum guests theater, 230 maximum guests reception
- Midship Lounge: 80 maximum guests theater, 109 maximum guests reception
- Piano Bar: 40 maximum guests theater, 75 maximum guests reception
- Card Room: 50 maximum guests theater, 30 maximum guests classroom, 14 maximum guests hollow square
- Curiosity Library: 32 maximum guests theater
- Verandah Deck: 300-500 maximum guests reception only
- Lido Deck - Outdoor Main Pool Area: 800+ maximum guests reception
- Smith 2010, p. 40.
- Dake, Shawn J. (January 2008). "Cruise Ships 2007 the year in review" (PDF). Ocean Times. Steamship Historical Society of America: Southern California Chapter. 12.1: 2–8.
- "Carnival Cruise Line News". carnival-news.com. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- "Carnival Playtime Event Makes Carnival Imagination Even More Family-Oriented | CruiseBe". CruiseBe. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Carnival Imagination.|