|Operator:||Carnival Cruise Line|
|Port of registry:|
|Christened:||March 16, 1996|
|Acquired:||February 22, 1996|
|Maiden voyage:||March 16, 1996|
|In service:||April 1996|
|General characteristics |
|Class and type:||Fantasy-class cruise ship|
|Length:||260.60 m (855 ft 0 in)|
|Beam:||31.50 m (103 ft 4 in)|
|Draft:||7.80 m (25 ft 7 in)|
|Decks:||14(passenger accessible) |
|Speed:||21 knots (39 km/h; 24 mph) |
Carnival Inspiration (formerly Inspiration) is a Fantasy-class cruise ship operated by Carnival Cruise Line. Built by Kværner Masa-Yards at its Helsinki New Shipyard in Helsinki, Finland, she was floated out on April 1, 1996, and christened as Inspiration by Mary Anne Shula. During 2007, in common with all of her Fantasy-class sisters, she had the prefix Carnival added to her name.
Also in 2007, the ship was upgraded with Carnival's "Evolution of Fun" package featuring Carnival WaterWorks, Serenity Pool Deck, along with upgrades to the pool area, main dining room, Camp Carnival, Serenity Spa, and all guest cabins.
Currently, she sails three- and four-day itineraries from Long Beach, California, to Catalina Island, California, and to Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico, which replaces the voyages that were offered on the Carnival Paradise. The 3-day cruises depart Long Beach every Friday and have one stop in Ensenada while the 4-day cruises depart Long Beach every Monday and stop in Catalina and Ensenada. Prior to December 2011, she sailed four- and five-day itineraries to the Western Caribbean from Tampa, Florida, US, to Cozumel and Grand Cayman. On December 3, 2011, she sailed a 14 day Panama Canal cruise from Tampa to Long Beach. She offered a one-time 2 day cruise before starting the 3 and 4 day Baja Mexico cruises from Long Beach.
- Asklander, Micke. "M/S Inspiration (1996)". Fakta om Fartyg (in Swedish). Retrieved 2008-03-31.
- "cruisecontinental.com". Retrieved 2008-03-31.
- Ward, Douglas (2006). Complete Guide to Cruising & Cruise Ships. Singapore: Berlitz. pp. 356–357. ISBN 981-246-739-4.
- Smith 2010, p. 41.
- Dake, Shawn J. (January 2008). "Cruise Ships 2007 the year in review" (PDF). Ocean Times (Steamship Historical Society of America: Southern California Chapter) 12.1: 2–8.
- "A "Fun Ship" Reborn". 2007-10-15. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Carnival Inspiration (ship, 1996).|