Carnival Panorama docked in Puerto Vallarta, 2020.
|Owner:||Carnival Corporation & plc|
|Operator:||Carnival Cruise Line|
|Port of registry:||Panama|
|Laid down:||11 January 2018|
|Launched:||6 December 2018|
|Sponsored by:||Vanna White|
|Christened:||10 December 2019|
|Acquired:||29 October 2019|
|In service:||11 December 2019|
|Class and type:||Vista-class cruise ship|
|Length:||323 m (1,059 ft 9 in)|
|Draught:||8.2 m (27 ft)|
|Depth:||11.2 m (36 ft 9 in)|
|Decks:||15 (passenger decks)|
|Propulsion:||Diesel-electric; Two ABB Azipod XO units|
Carnival Panorama is a Vista-class cruise ship currently operated by Carnival Cruise Line, a subsidiary of Carnival Corporation & plc. At 133,868 gross tonnage (GT) and 1,059 ft 9 in (323 m) long, she superseded her sisters, Carnival Vista and Carnival Horizon, upon her delivery in 2019 to become the largest ship in the Carnival fleet. She is currently Carnival's 27th operating vessel, the last Vista-class ship of the fleet, and the cruise line's current flagship.
Planning and construction
In March 2015, Carnival Corporation and Fincantieri made an agreement for five ships to be delivered between 2019 and 2022. On an announcement released on 30 December 2015, Carnival Corporation further established that the planned 4,200-passenger ship was set to be delivered to Carnival's sister brand, P&O Cruises Australia. A year later, on 15 December 2016, Carnival Corporation announced that Carnival Cruise Line would receive a third Vista-class vessel, meaning the original order for P&O Cruises Australia was transferred over to Carnival Cruise Line. The announcement stated that a delivery for the vessel was set for the fall of 2019. On 1 December 2017, Carnival Corporation officially announced that the third and final ship in the Vista class of the fleet would be named Carnival Panorama.
Construction officially began on the then-unnamed vessel on 7 July 2017 at Fincantieri's shipyard in Marghera with a steel-cutting ceremony. The keel was laid on 10 January 2018. She was launched from the shipyard on 6 December 2018.
Delivery and christening
On 29 October 2019, Fincantieri officially presented Carnival Panorama to Carnival Cruise Line at the Marghera shipyard. To travel from Marghera to California for her christening and debut, Panorama embarked on a 38-day journey that took her across the Atlantic Ocean and through the Strait of Magellan to sail up the western coast of South America, making stops in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Montevideo, Santiago, and Puerto Vallarta, before arriving at her initial destination of the Port of Los Angeles in the early morning of 8 December for final preparations. On the afternoon of 9 December, she moved to the Port of Long Beach for her welcome ceremonies, and docked at her debuting home port for the first time early that evening.
Carnival Panorama was christened on 10 December 2019 in Long Beach by her godmother, Vanna White, the hostess of American game show, Wheel of Fortune. The ship left on her inaugural voyage from Long Beach the following day.
As of 2020, Carnival Panorama is currently homeported at the Port of Long Beach. She embarked on her three-day inaugural voyage to Ensenada on 11 December 2019. Upon returning to Long Beach, she began sailing 7-day Mexican Riviera cruises to Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlán, and Puerto Vallarta on a year-round basis.
The vessel's public facilities are similar to and evolve from those offered on Carnival Vista and Carnival Horizon. One distinct feature is a Sky Zone trampoline park in place of the IMAX theater found on her older sister ships. The ship continues to include a bevy of restaurants, shops, and activity venues, such as a Waterworks aqua park inspired by Shaquille O'Neal, and the Liquid Lounge, housing all of the shows onboard.
- "Carnival Vista (9802384)". Leonardo Info. Registro Italiano Navale. Retrieved 31 October 2019.
- "Carnival Panorama Fact Sheet". Carnival Cruise Line News. Carnival Corporation. Retrieved 31 October 2019.
- "Fincantieri | Carnival Panorama". www.fincantieri.com.
- "Fincantieri | Carnival Panorama". www.fincantieri.com. Retrieved 21 November 2019.
- "News Release - Carnival Corporation - Carnival Corporation Enters into Strategic Partnerships to Add Nine Cruise Ships to its Fleet over a Four-Year Period Starting in 2019". www.carnivalcorp.com.
- "News Release - Carnival Corporation - Carnival Corporation to Build Four Cruise Ships as Part of Memo of Agreement with Fincantieri S.p.A." www.carnivalcorp.com.
- Line, Carnival Cruise. "New 133,500-Ton Vista Class Ship To Join Carnival Cruise Line Fleet In 2019". www.prnewswire.com.
- Staff, C. I. N. (1 December 2017). "Carnival to Name 2019 Newbuild Carnival Panorama". www.cruiseindustrynews.com. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- "Fincantieri's Marghera cuts steel for Carnival's third Vista-class ship". Seatrade Cruise News. 7 July 2017. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- Staff, C. I. N. (12 January 2018). "Keel Laid for Carnival Panorama". www.cruiseindustrynews.com.
- "Fincantieri | FINCANTIERI: "CARNIVAL PANORAMA" LAUNCHED IN MARGHERA". www.fincantieri.com. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- "Carnival Promotes New Panorama in Rose Parade". Travel Agent Central. Retrieved 31 December 2019.
- "Carnival Panorama Completes Sea Trials, Receives Final Touches Before Heading to West Coast". www.cruisecritic.com. Retrieved 16 September 2019.
- Staff, C. I. N. (29 October 2019). "Fincantieri Presents New Carnival Panorama". www.cruiseindustrynews.com. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- Parker, Doug (4 November 2019). "Carnival Panorama Starts 38-Day Journey to North America". cruiseradio.net. Retrieved 4 November 2019.
- Staff, C. I. N. (22 November 2019). "Vanna White to Christen Carnival Panorama". www.cruiseindustrynews.com. Retrieved 22 November 2019.
- Wood, Donald (11 December 2019). "Carnival Cruise Line Celebrates Christening of New Carnival Panorama". Travel Pulse.
- Murray, Jo (13 December 2019). "ON THE WATER: All About Cruising — As In Ships". The Grunion.
- "Carnival Panorama Nearing Completion as Crew Prepares for Maiden Voyage in December". Carnival Newsroom. 21 August 2019.
- "Carnival cruise ship Panorama will debut in Long Beach, with a 455-foot slide in its water park". Press Telegram. 16 April 2019. Retrieved 27 October 2019.
- "Carnival Panorama cruise ship Vista class series Carnival Cruise Lines". Ship Technology. Retrieved 27 October 2019.
- Kalosh, Anne (29 October 2019). "Fincantieri presents Carnival Panorama in Marghera". Seatrade Cruise News. Retrieved 29 October 2019.