Carnival Valor departing Port Canaveral, USA
|Owner:||Carnival Corporation & plc|
|Operator:||Carnival Cruise Line|
|Port of registry:||Panama City, Panama|
|Launched:||March 27, 2004|
|Sponsored by:||Katie Couric|
|Christened:||December 17, 2004|
|In service:||December 2004–present|
|Class and type:||Conquest-class cruise ship|
|Length:||952 ft (290.2 m)|
|Beam:||116 ft (35.4 m)|
|Draft:||27 ft (8.2 m)|
|Installed power:||63,400 kW|
|Propulsion:||Diesel-electric; two shafts|
|Speed:||22.5 knots (41.7 km/h; 25.9 mph)|
Carnival Valor is a post-Panamax Conquest-class cruise ship operated by Carnival Cruise Line. Built by Fincantieri at its Monfalcone shipyard in Friuli-Venezia Giulia, northern Italy, she was floated out on March 27, 2004, and christened by American journalist and author Katie Couric in Miami on December 17, 2004. The vessel is based out of Galveston, Texas, and has a "Heroes and Heroics" theme. Duty-free shopping, a spa, a casino, and numerous entertainment options are some of her features.
Carnival Valor underwent dry dock renovations from April 23 through May 8, 2016, in which it added Fun Ship 2.0 innovations. The new features added to Carnival Valor include Guy's Burger Joint, RedFrog Rum Bar, BlueIguana Tequila Bar, BlueIguana Cantina, RedFrog Pub, Alchemy Bar, SkyBox Sports Bar, and Cherry on Top.
On April 2, 2016, Carnival Valor arrived 12 hours late into port due to a medical emergency on board. After departing Grand Turk Island, the ship returned to the island due to a medical emergency with one of the passengers on yagboard.
- Ward, Douglas (2005). Berlitz Complete Guide to Cruising & Cruise Ships. Singapore: Berlitz. ISBN 981-246-510-3.
- "Carnival Valor moving toward Miami". South Florida Business Journal. 2004-12-01. Retrieved 2008-08-19.
- "Couric to serve as ship godmother". South Florida Business Journal. 2004-09-20. Retrieved 2008-08-19.
- "Carnival Valor (IMO: 9236389)". vesseltracker.com. Retrieved 2008-08-19.
- "Carnival Triumph (732488)". Port State Information Exchange. United States Coast Guard.
- "Building Upon Leadership Position in Port Canaveral, Carnival to Expand Capacity on Short Cruises By 34 Percent And Offer Newest Class of Ship on Week-Long Voyages From Space Coast". Carnival-News.com. April 14, 2015. Retrieved July 30, 2016.
- "Carnival Valor Undergoes Makeover In Preparation For Cruises Out of Port Canaveral". Space Coast Daily. May 10, 1908. Retrieved July 30, 2016.
- "Carnival Valor To Arrive 12 Hours Late Into Port Canaveral Due To Medical Emergency". Space Coast Daily. April 2, 2016. Retrieved July 30, 2016.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Carnival Valor.|