Carnival Valor departing Miami, USA
|Owner:||Carnival Corporation & plc|
|Operator:||Carnival Cruise Line|
|Port of registry:||Panama City, Panama|
|Launched:||March 27, 2004|
|Sponsored by:||Katie Couric|
|Christened:||December 17, 2004|
|In service:||December 2004–present|
|Class & type:||Conquest-class cruise ship|
|Length:||952 ft (290.2 m)|
|Beam:||116 ft (35.4 m)|
|Draft:||27 ft (8.2 m)|
|Installed power:||63,400 kW|
|Propulsion:||Diesel-electric; two shafts|
|Speed:||22.5 knots (41.7 km/h; 25.9 mph)|
Carnival Valor is a post-Panamax Conquest-class cruise ship operated by Carnival Cruise Line. Built by Fincantieri at its Monfalcone shipyard in Friuli-Venezia Giulia, northern Italy, she was floated out on March 27, 2004, and christened by American journalist and author Katie Couric in Miami on December 17, 2004. The vessel is based out of Port Canaveral, Florida, and has a "Heroes and Heroics" theme. Duty-free shopping, a spa, a casino, and numerous entertainment options are some of her features.
Carnival Valor 's home port is Port Canaveral, Florida. She currently[when?] sails 5, 7, and 8 night cruises to the Caribbean and Bahamas. Television host Katie Couric is the Carnival Valor's godmother.
Renovation of 2008 and 2011
During her recent renovation in 2008, Valor received a large movie screen on the lido pool deck and a new Mongolian grill section for the buffet restaurant.
The following improvements were made during Valor's dry dock from 30/01/11 to 13/02/11: routine hotel maintenance, cosmetic enhancements such as new carpeting, tile work and reupholstering in lounges and public areas, ADA compliant modifications in various areas of the ship, addition of Serenity "adults-only" area on Deck 12 and 14 forward, and the addition of 2 new Captain's Suites and 6 new Scenic Ocean View staterooms on Deck 9 forward. Fitness equipment is scheduled to be replaced post dry-dock.
Renovation of 2016
Carnival Valor — currently based in Port Canaveral and scheduled to undergo an extensive dry dock in March 2016 that will add a variety of Fun Ship 2.0 innovations — will take over Carnival Victory’s three- and four-day Bahamas cruises from Central Florida on a year-round basis. 
- Ward, Douglas (2005). Berlitz Complete Guide to Cruising & Cruise Ships. Singapore: Berlitz. ISBN 981-246-510-3.
- "Carnival Valor moving toward Miami". South Florida Business Journal. 2004-12-01. Retrieved 2008-08-19.
- "Couric to serve as ship godmother". South Florida Business Journal. 2004-09-20. Retrieved 2008-08-19.
- "Carnival Valor (IMO: 9236389)". vesseltracker.com. Retrieved 2008-08-19.
- "Carnival Triumph (732488)". Port State Information Exchange. United States Coast Guard.
- Smith 2010, p. 39.
- "Carnival Valor (9236389)". Ships In Class. Lloyd's Register. Retrieved 2015-05-29. (subscription required (. ))
- http://carnival-news.com/2015/04/14/building-upon-leadership-position-in-port-canaveral-carnival-to-expand-capacity-on-short-cruises-by-34-percent-and-offer-newest-class-of-ship-on-week-long-voyages-from-space-coast/. Missing or empty
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Carnival Valor.|