Carnival Vista in Trieste, Italy in 2016
|Owner:||Carnival Corporation & plc|
|Operator:||Carnival Cruise Line|
|Port of registry:||Panama|
|Route:||6 - 8 day Caribbean cruises November 2016 - present|
|Builder:||Fincantieri, Monfalcone, Italy|
|Laid down:||October 14, 2014|
|Launched:||25 June 2015|
|Acquired:||April 28, 2016|
|Maiden voyage:||May 1, 2016|
|Identification:||IMO number: 9692569|
|Length:||1,062 ft (324 m)|
|Beam:||122 ft (37 m) 158 ft (48 m) at pool decks |
|Draught:||27 ft (8.2 m)|
|Installed power:||MAN Diesel & Turbo 2x8L48/60CR + 2x14V48/60CR generating sets|
|Propulsion:||Diesel-electric; Two ABB Azipod XO units|
|Speed:||23 knots (43 km/h; 26 mph)|
|Capacity:||3,936 passengers (double occupancy)|
The ship which was delivered on April 28th 2016. Sea trials were completed in March 2016. The ship's maiden voyage embarked on May 1, 2016 from Trieste, Italy on a 13-day Europe Cruise that ended in Barcelona, Spain. Carnival Vista is the first ship in the Vista-class cruise ships.
Design and construction
By gross tonnage (and therefore volume), she is the largest ship within Carnival Cruise Lines's fleet. The ship was constructed in the Fincantieri shipyard of Monfalcone (Gorizia) and was delivered in April 2016. The first steel for the ship was cut in late February 2014, and the keel was laid in October 2014. The Carnival Vista Coin Ceremony/Float out was done in June 2015.
From May to October 2016 Vista operated an inaugural season in the Mediterranean before repositioning to New York to offer a pair of cruises. She then moved to her new homeport in Miami in November 2016 where she sails year round (until September 2018 when she will move to Galveston Texas). She offers 6 and 8 day Caribbean cruises with ports of call such as Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Aruba, Curaçao, and Bonaire.
Carnival Vista features outdoor spots like Havana Bar & Pool, a ropes course, mini golf, SkyRide at SportSquare (an 800-foot-long track suspended around its top deck that passengers can circle in pedal-powered capsules), and Seafood Shack plus plenty of spaces like the first IMAX at sea. The Vista has custom Cuban themed staterooms and new Family Harbor staterooms. The Clubhouse features indoor activities like mini-bowling and arcade-style basketball, soccer, volleyball, and table tennis. The ship also has SkyGreens, a mini golf course on Deck 12.
- "New 135,000-ton 'Fun Ship' Set to Debut in 2016 to Be Named Carnival Vista". Carnival-News.com. July 20, 2013. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- Sloan, Gene (July 20, 2013). "Next Carnival ship to be called Carnival Vista". USA Today.com. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- "Cruise Ship Orderbook". Retrieved 2016-01-31.
- Kiellegung der Carnival Vista bei Fincantieri Archived October 25, 2014, at the Wayback Machine. Schiffe & Kreuzfahrten, October 15, 2014. Retrieved October 19, 2014.
- "FINCANTIERI: CONSEGNATA A MONFALCONE “CARNIVAL VISTA”" (PDF). 2016-04-29. Retrieved 2016-04-29.
- "Carnival Vista". Retrieved 2016-03-24.
- Why Carnival Vista Will Be The Best Fun Ship Ever Ports of Call, January 25, 2015. Retrieved February 3, 2015.
- ABB wins $180 million in orders from cruise ship builders in 2013 ABB, December 6, 2013. Retrieved December 6, 2013.
- "Keel-Laying Ceremony Held For New Carnival Vista; 133,500-Ton Ship Set To Debut In Spring 2016" (Press release). Carnival Cruise Line. October 14, 2014. Retrieved December 23, 2014.
- Pam Wright, Carnival Vista Cruise Ship Creates 'Mini-Tsunami' That Destroys Italian Marina, weather.com, September 11, 2016
- Wave damage
- "Carnival Vista - What You Need to Know". Cruise Radio. 2015-01-22. Retrieved 2016-01-26.
- "Carnival Cruise Lines News". Carnival-news.com. 2015-02-12. Retrieved 2016-01-26.
- Gene Sloan (2015-01-26). "Latest gee-whiz cruise attraction: Open-air "sky ride"". 9news.com. Retrieved 2016-01-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Carnival Vista.|