Carnival of Shrieking Youth
The Carnival Of Shrieking Youth is a theatre festival for young artists in Edmonton, Alberta. The festival was founded in 1993 by Scott Sharplin and has been run by longtime artistic director Karl Schreiner since 1998. The festival started as "a week of plays written, directed and performed by youth graduates of the Citadel Theatre's Teen Festival of the Arts" according to coverage of the festival's first season. It has since become an independent organization producing the plays of young playwrights from the Edmonton area, starring young actors and directors from the city.
- Paul Matwychuk (May 18, 2005). "A COSY outlook". Vue Weekly. Archived from the original on February 5, 2013. Retrieved October 24, 2012.
- Liz Nicholls (September 21, 2000). "Sound and FuryTheatre goes mainstream: Former guerrilla company unleashes first full season of dramatic offerings". Edmonton Journal. Retrieved October 24, 2012.
- Liz Nicholls (May 6, 1998). "Young and restless and acting up; 'You will not be disappointed'; CARNIVAL OF SHRIEKING YOUTH; WHEN TO SHRIEK". Edmonton Journal. Retrieved October 24, 2012.
- Jonathan McDonald (July 14, 1993). "HANGIN OUT; Journal Summer Camp for Kids". Edmonton Journal. Retrieved October 24, 2012.
- Liz Nicholls (May 6, 2002). "'We're not doing hack theatre here ... ': The Carnival of Shrieking Youth continues to amaze as a local showcase for the young and truly talented". Edmonton Journal. Retrieved October 23, 2012.