Carol's Daughter is a line of beauty products, including products for hair, body, and face care, as well as fragrances. It was founded by Lisa Price. Price named the company after her mother, Carol Hutson. Its products are available at Target as well as Ulta Beauty and on the Home Shopping Network (HSN). It has received much press coverage, including an appearance on The Queen Latifah Show, The Tyra Banks Show and Oprah.
Founder Lisa Price began working on the products for her line in the 1980s, when she was working on the set of The Cosby Show. In her free time she made organic beauty products in her kitchen, including pure oils such as sweet almond, jojoba, and soy. Her experimentation eventually led to a mail-order and online business in 1993, followed by the first store opening in Brooklyn in 1999. During the fall of 2005, she opened a second store on 125th Street in Harlem.
The rapid expansion was made possible in part through heavy investment. Ex-Record executive Steve Stoute, as CEO of the company, led a group of investors in raising $10 million for the venture. Other investors include Jada Pinkett and Will Smith, Jay-Z, Mary J. Blige, Jimmy Iovine, Tommy Mottola, and Thalía. Past spokeswomen for the line include Mary J. Blige, Solange Knowles, Cassie Ventura, Kim Fields, and Jada Pinkett Smith.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-05-20. Retrieved 2014-05-20.
- "TelepicturesTV". TelepicturesTV. Retrieved 22 April 2016.
- Simanoff, Dave (2006-10-26). "A New Face For Cosmetics". Tampa Tribune.
- Ninh, David (2006-09-15). "Carol's Daughter has got the organic goods". The Dallas Morning News (Texas).
- "Mary J. Representing Carol's Daughter - Brown Sista". Brown Sista. Retrieved 22 April 2016.
- "Will Smith, Jay-Z team up in beauty venture - May. 18, 2005". Retrieved 22 April 2016.
- Official website
- May 2007 Lisa Price Interview[permanent dead link] on Healthy, Natural Skin Care with Al Sharpton & Dr. V on AskDoctorv.com
- Lisa Price's Profile at BlackEntrepreneurProfile.com